• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 Cummins vs 6.7 Powerstroke

b7502a3d3251b1c2cd197c5141a1226e.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else consistently have an Issue starting their Dodge? For some reason randomly the truck doesn't do anything when I turn the key. I have to pull the key completely back out and reinsert it. Sometimes I have to open the door for it to read the key and start. I had forgotten about my 2014 Tradesman dually doing it when I even considered this piece of ****. Another thing that drives me crazy is the 4x4 shifter on the floor model squeaks unless you put tension on it. If buying new be aware the Firestone tires are trash as well. I'm at 22K on my 2018 and all 4 are on the wear bars, been rotated twice and the dealership told me it was unsafe to rotate them on my 20K oil change.

did you happen to check for corrosion on battery terminals inside key?

How much pressure are you running in the firestones?

I have had over 10 dodges have now 99 2500 01 3500 05 2500 10 2500 12 3500 and have fords take dodge any day over the fords...no starting problems on dodges

Good thread. I'm in the same boat as the OP.

Father in law bought a brand new XLT F-250 in November and I love it so far. I haven't got to tow with it yet so we shall see. But, I did notice the Fords are way more expensive, and I am hunting a lariat or up (on ford) and a laramie or up (dodge) so that plays a big factor in my choice.

I am just plain not a fan of the tradesman dodges. I hate the interiors.

smbroady82 said:
Good thread. I'm in the same boat as the OP.

Father in law bought a brand new XLT F-250 in November and I love it so far. I haven't got to tow with it yet so we shall see. But, I did notice the Fords are way more expensive, and I am hunting a lariat or up (on ford) and a laramie or up (dodge) so that plays a big factor in my choice.

I am just plain not a fan of the tradesman dodges. I hate the interiors.

Yeah that's the same with me. Basically same equipped Ram as the Ford is anywhere from 10-20k cheaper. It's crazy.

RandysMJ said:
Yeah that's the same with me. Basically same equipped Ram as the Ford is anywhere from 10-20k cheaper. It's crazy.

yep exactly

Someone told me you can add leather seats to a lower package dodge for only like $1200. I might could do something like that but man the new laramie interiors are slickkkkkkkkk!!!!

When ya guys gonna start calling these trucks fiats instead of dodge lol
And ya just can't put a price on a quality stylish truck like a ford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought my 2018 lariat 6.7 in December. And I did have an issue where brake lights stayed on all the time but other than that it's been amazing. It has so much power and torque for a stock truck it's crazy. I went from a mildly built lly duramax to this and it's not even a comparison. I know I'll sound like a spoiled brat here but basically to me if I'm paying 50k plus for a truck I want it to have some options. And dodge base truck had next to nothing and honestly I almost threw up in my mouth when I looked at a big horn I just didn't like the "cowboy" look it seemed to have. I get a discount from my employer on ford and dodge and my 2018 loaded lariat was roughly 14k more than the Cummins I was looking at. But after driving both and towing my race rig setup with both I don't see how one can say Cummins tows better but that's only my opinion. My mileage on other hand sucks, towing my 28' enclosed with race car and all items we use at track I get roughly 13, my old duramax got 16.5. Duramax on highway empty at 70mph got 22-23 this one gets 19-19.5. But I absolutely love the truck. A friend of mine purchased a Cummins 2 weeks before I got my power stroke and he basically has same race setup as I do and he absolutely loves his truck and he's zero complaints as well. So I think both brands have their crap together and it's basically going to be whatever one wants to spend and prefers.

Kubotaorange76 said:
did you happen to check for corrosion on battery terminals inside key?

How much pressure are you running in the firestones?

80 PSI in the tires, or the stupid sensors go off constantly. Both keys are brand new, no corrosion. Just opening the door or removing and reinserting the key in the exact same position will allow it to start.

Well i finally made my mind up. Got a 2018 F250 XLT 6.7. Love it so far. I'm a Ford guy at heart and couldn't stray away. Haha
7e50331f8011bbb2be34acabd9b62e17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick truck Randy!

Do you know if you can have them add leather to an XLT by chance? That would be all I need. They have plenty of bells and whistles on the new ones. My father in law has a 17' and I love it other than the cloth.

kmcminn said:
YaYall are leaving out the best of the big three.

I'll give it to ya, the new chevys are sharp. Best looking truck they've put out in a long time imo. I just don't know enough about them.
I'm not brand loyal. I'm a fan of whatever works. :dblthumb:

smbroady82 said:
slick truck Randy!

Do you know if you can have them add leather to an XLT by chance? That would be all I need. They have plenty of bells and whistles on the new ones. My father in law has a 17' and I love it other than the cloth.

I have a 2013 f150 xlt with heated katskin leather added. It was like that when I got it not sure if it was ordered that way or dealer upgraded but they are nice.

smbroady82 said:
slick truck Randy!

Not sure on that. The only ones i saw with leather were the Lariats and King Ranch.

Great looking truck, I think you'll be happy with it. This body style of super duty is probably the most aftermarket-levelled truck yet! They all need at least a 2-3 inch puck.

Latest posts