• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Vortex vs Leupold and why

$ for $ the Vortex is tough to beat. Leupold has a great reputation and a great warranty as well. I put a VX3i 4.5-14x50 on my 7mm WBY Mag just because the gun was a gift so I felt like I should splurge a little on the optic. Is it crisp and clear, yep. Does it hold its marks. Yep. Is it worth the extra dollars, maybe? Don't get me wrong. I like it a lot. But at 200yds just about Vortex Diamondback in a 3x9 will get the job done just fine. You can usually get the 4x12-40 Diamondback on Amazon for around $200.

If you're not dialing target turrets for long range shooting, there's no reason to spend much money. Most of the glass for ALL the scopes are made in only 3-4 factories around the world. (Not in the US).

Another good budget option is Athlon, I do believe the glass is Chinese, but they're on par with Vortex, if not better. But that's just my personal opinion. I have 4 of them in my safe. Two 4-14x44s, a 6-24x50, and a 4.5-29x56. All of them hold zero and track very well.

Vortex is my go to. I have a couple PST gen 2 nows, strike eagle, and an older viper. 2 of my vortex psts replaced zeiss scopes and one replaced leaupold. Get in the store look through both and the decision will be very easy.