• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

It's because no one is held accountable for what they say.
It's like the internet isn't real life. For some of us it doesn't matter and you can act like a child and say stupid unprofessional things, but for some of these fab guys this is their lifeline to the industry. They are reluctant to post on HL because of the assclowns who don't have anything better to do. It's a no win situation for the fabber and that leaves us with less tech. Which is the backbone of this forum.
Anything I post about on here I would say straight to your face (probably why I don't have a lot of friends)

I'm no saint and use this forum for entertainment but I like to think my shenanigans are cheeky and fun...
This thread the shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
Which... makes them not really shenanigans at all
Evil shenanigans

But the whole jumping in a hate band wagon over something insignificant, be it social media picture stealing or a fab guy doing something that you don't agree with, and then basically running them off the forum sucks...

Matt seems to be a straight shooter, also it seems like he got the point of the thread and will try harder to accommodate the owners and builders in the future.
Let's be honest so many people have "issues" with there builders, some owners might not want the builder credited.

Last rant then I'll go away someone posted that Matt didn't give up his life for his job. If you own your own business and love it, you give up everything to see it succeed. I love what I do for a living so I put 100% in to it. The "if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life" is bullshit. You work twice as hard as someone who hates their job and does the minimum.

Whats that place you like to eat with the mozzerella sticks and the goofy **** on the walls?

Kubotaorange76 said:
I think this is a good example of why forums are dying, but then again i dont do social media. Is it the same pitchfork internet hatefest on facebook etc?

10x worse

and the "good content" is just a bunch of back slapping and oogling over **** that people know nothing about.

any meaningful discussion is buried and quickly forgotton

694d4f37b385be1981d5f0d1d8e5c25d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kubotaorange76 said:
I think this is a good example of why forums are dying, but then again i dont do social media. Is it the same pitchfork internet hatefest on facebook etc?

I've been a Pirate member since the early 2000s and it used to be the biggest flame, bash troll fest ever and it was awesome. It was so bad newbies were scared to post for the first time. But no one can argue Pirate had to be THE place to get legit 4x4 tech for a long long time. I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground and essentially leaned completely on Pirate tech to build my first buggy. I gave it to the trolls as good as they gave it to me and that was all part of the experience. Now everyone is soft as baby **** and will go run to their Facebook and start crying about haters. The reasons forums are dying now has a lot to do with social media for sure. Bulletin boards were kind of an early form of social media if you think about it so having facespace and instabook out there will certainly pull some people away.

Another reason forums are dying that I firmly believe is because everyone wants to be a cool guy racer now. No one wants to share tech because what used to be sharing tech between buddies is now considered secret squirrel stuff. Wouldn't want to give up any trade secrets that might get us beat. I saw a sharp decline in build threads and shadetree tech once the Ultra4 scene came on hard and now with bouncers as popular as they are that trend continues. IMO at least.

I guess lastly there's only so much new tech you can post about 1 ton axles, LS motors, Atlas and 43 stickies that hasn't already been posted and can be dug up through a google search. If it wasn't for the SD 60 axle thread on Pirate there would hardly be anything new posted there.

Eddyj said:
Hehe...

29ee4d3ca7c864a1f216977a28310f80.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy a good pistol whipping. Any takers? Eddyj, you first? Should I beat you with Bug EJ's electric weed eater or TonyB's Magic Mudstang? Your choice. :stir: :rolf:
And for creepycrawly Drew, I got my quotes right this time just for you :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

Eddyj said:
Last rant then I'll go away someone posted that Matt didn't give up his life for his job. If you own your own business and love it, you give up everything to see it succeed. I love what I do for a living so I put 100% in to it. The "if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life" is bullshit. You work twice as hard as someone who hates their job and does the minimum.

Wonder what he's given up? Still doesn't make sense... :flipoff1:

I guess I give up my life to ensure generator components get shipped in a timely manner, especially during outtages, so that all of you continue to have power. I give up my life for it, each and every day. I have no life because I gave it up for you all. I want it back! :flipoff1:

Not the place to debate this but start your own business, if it fails your family goes hungry. Then you will understand.
I don't know Matt think I talked to him once about putting his decals on a race car themed ride. But I'll bet you,your favorite buttplug that he puts in more than 40 hours a week, with the occasional 10 hours of overtime.
You give up family time, relaxing time (you never stop thinking about your business), you make sacrifices to your soul what is and isn't acceptable in order to remain in business.

I'm not saying he was right or wrong but that one comment was off from my perspective.

Disclaimer: these thoughts and options are souly mine and do not reflect the feelings of all HL members, if your feels got touched I am sorry.
Also I was recently accused of overly homosexual comments to which I could find none. So I included one in this post so that person would not be offended that they made an inaccurate post.

You mf'rs always jump to conclusions.... ::)

Ed and I have pm'd, it's all good. My points to argue was not that he was wrong about anything he said regarding small business ownership, but that he (and all you mf'rs too) are crazy if you don't think there are non business owners out there that put in same kind of hustle. I elaborated in detail in pm and I'm not even gonna start that dumpster fire here, but if your small business fails, your family is not gonna go hungry. You will do what any other man of the house would have to do, which is man-up and make ends meet however you can, even if it means accepting that you have to begin working for someone else.

I believe it was Houdini that said most locked doors in life are in your mind.

I'll debate this topic with anybody. **** all that goddamned google talk too. ****'s getting old.

No offense, but if you honestly believe it's not different to be self employed I suggest you never try it.

TacomaJD said:
You mf'rs always jump to conclusions.... ::)

Ed and I have pm'd, it's all good. My points to argue was not that he was wrong about anything he said regarding small business ownership, but that he (and all you mf'rs too) are crazy if you don't think there are non business owners out there that put in same kind of hustle. I elaborated in detail in pm and I'm not even gonna start that dumpster fire here, but if your small business fails, your family is not gonna go hungry. You will do what any other man of the house would have to do, which is man-up and make ends meet however you can, even if it means accepting that you have to begin working for someone else.

I believe it was Houdini that said most locked doors in life are in your mind.

I'll debate this topic with anybody. **** all that goddamned google talk too. ****'s getting old.

I was just trying to start a playful tickle fight. I had no idea it was such a sensitive issue. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

Elliott said:
No offense, but if you honestly believe it's not different to be self employed I suggest you never try it.
If you can show me where I said it's no different being self employed, I'll Paypal you $100....

If being self employed is so bad, why have so many here chosen that path? No financial ceiling and to be your own boss as a trade off for the risk and stress that comes along with it vs. working for someone else and hustling on the side to supplement income (which is what I'm comparing here, not the guy that works 40 hrs and goes home). My initial claim was that you dont have to be a small business owner to have the same things on your plate like the volatility and heavy responsibility/stress.

I'm not downplaying self employment. My dad was self employed for nearly 40 yrs, now he works for someone else and actually enjoys going to work every day at the ripe age of 64.

The whole "working for yourself is the worst" thing is ridiculous. If it is, why not take an easier route? What makes you go to work every day to that specific job? Can't say "your family", that's a reason for going to work each day at any job. I'm talking about the particular one that you have to sacrifice so much for, that just sucks, and stresses you to the max? If its so bad, then why do it? I refer to the Houdini quote - there are other doors that are unlocked, what makes you continue through the same door each day? There must be some reward, right? Or are we not taking reward into consideration? Because reward IS part of it, it should be discussed as well.

I'm not throwing off on anyone, I am truly interested in the psychological differences of opinion herein this debate. I want to debate the ideas and opinions only. Not directly attack anyone or any of that ****. So lets have a grown up convo about it...should we create a spinoff thread?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would start a spinoff thread but recently I was electronically bullied on this site about starting uninteresting threads...

#electronicallyoffended
#fatallybutthurt

I do think this mole hill was made into a mountain, but, I do think the only reason anything was said is because of Matt's success. If he were still just a media company, nothing may have been said. He is now a full service fabrication company, parts distributor, and offroad park owner/operator, In direct competition with people that he used to just cover. That is just my opinion on the situation. I am amazed at the growth he has had and his drive is unmatched. :dblthumb: I could be way off on this, just some thoughts.

Latest posts