• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

Eddyj said:
I feel like this should be a safe place for off road builders, drivers, media guys.
The last couple years it seems like the opposite happens on this forum. We are the first to try and fatally butthurt someone over the smallest misunderstanding.
I just don't want to see another contributer to the off road cumminity attacked before having a chance to explain them selves.

That is extremely true. Terrible example is the dude in the red rockwell chevy that crushed the kids atv at AOP bounty hill. Everyone watned to crucify him but me and a couple others said maybe it was an accident. Turns out dude was a ****ing douche bag buuuuuut good example of jumping to conclusion.

This forum has gotten kinda weird here lately. it used to be filled with people posting and all sorts of **** going on, here lately its been kinda dead. i think that's a part of it is people bitching and going off on each other.

sorry pointless rant over.

Jduck said:
Reason I was told a while back when some of my pics got reposted without credit was that someone else on his team posted them and must've forgot.
Which would constitute a "call out" or "reality check"
I don't build for a living and my rig is to crappy for the social media grand wizard BK to post, so its easy for me to play it cool. I couldn't imagine putting in countless hours just to have someone else use it for their benefit, without giving credit.

I posted my reason for my posts.

Eddyj said:
You guys are quick to jump on the hate wagon with someone who has given up his life to support our hobby.

I wouldn't say he's given up his life to support our hobby...that's actually kinda dumb to say really. I like Matt, he's always been cool in my book. But he loves his job, is a natural entreprenuer, and makes a killing doing what he loves. It's actually right the opposite of giving up his life to support the hobby. Mf'r is LIVING THE LIFE doing what he loves and reaping great rewards for his hard work.

Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

Jduck said:
Reason I was told a while back when some of my pics got reposted without credit was that someone else on his team posted them and must've forgot.
I can see this as being entirely possible. With as much **** as he is into I imagine he has people helping his social media accounts and they may not understand how things are done.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
I wouldn't say he's given up his life to support our hobby...that's actually kinda dumb to say really. I like Matt, he's always been cool in my book. But he loves his job, is a natural entreprenuer, and makes a killing doing what he loves. It's actually right the opposite of giving up his life to support the hobby. Mf'r is LIVING THE LIFE doing what he loves and reaping great rewards for his hard work.
Duly noted. I will adjust my wordage to a more appropriate hyperbole

Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

onepieceatatime said:
I can see this as being entirely possible. With as much **** as he is into I imagine he has people helping his social media accounts and they may not understand how things are done.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Possibly/probably true, but somebody right-clicked, copied a photo from Wizzo's personal FB page, went to the BK page, then pasted it generating a bunch of traffic (revenue) for BK.

Regardless of who did it, you've got to have a real smooth brain to not understand exactly what you're doing when you're actively taking a picture from a personal page.....right?

My rear was also objectified once before... :'(

And it looks like Tony B "liked" it.... disgusting...

af795df9512cb46c516ef8548ba74984.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Paging Busted Knuckle Matt

MattyB4x4 said:
Possibly/probably true, but somebody right-clicked, copied a photo from Wizzo's personal FB page, went to the BK page, then pasted it generating a bunch of traffic (revenue) for BK.

Regardless of who did it, you've got to have a real smooth brain to not understand exactly what you're doing when you're actively taking a picture from a personal page.....right?
I do a shitload of computer work every day, whole bunch of clicks, enter data, load new page, switch over to this page, enter more data, print, switch back, print more, copy and paste email info here there and everywhere....something somewhat small like forgetting to tag the owner could very easily be a simple oversight as far as process goes. BUT, it could also easily be willingly disregarded too.

You just can't act like Matt, or whoever it was, really takes the time to put a lot of thorough thought into a little ole image share. Just 1 of a shitload of tasks tackled each day. His pages share a bunch of stuff everyday. He also has to keep up with retail sales, promoting, advertising, traveling, filming, and is building a new house. Dude surely puts in the work. I could see it being an oversight, but that doesn't mean it is.

I also think its kinda crazy to be offended by a page like his sharing something like that. To me, it's kinda cool to have your **** shared on the offroad bigscreen. You really think Matt made a shitload of money off the couple little pics they forgot to tag the owners in? Nah....**** don't bring in THAT much revenue.

Cole fimed me at Gray Rock in my Toyota, last I looked it had something like 47k views on Youtube. He didn't ask me, holy **** should I be offended that he made money off of filming me wheel without my consent? Same **** isn't it? You guys are really mad someone took a picture that someone posted on the internet and shared it...just doesn't seem significant to me. If that much significance was placed on it, why would you be posting pics of the **** online. I realize it was taken from facebook, but facebook is not really a private forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

smbroady82 said:
My rear was also objectified once before... :'(

And it looks like Tony B "liked" it.... disgusting...

af795df9512cb46c516ef8548ba74984.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not everything on here is about you, troll!!
I hate attention whores

TacomaJD said:
I do a shitload of computer work every day, whole bunch of clicks, enter data, load new page, switch over to this page, enter more data, print, switch back, print more, copy and paste email info here there and everywhere....something somewhat small like forgetting to tag the owner could very easily be a simple oversight as far as process goes. BUT, it could also easily be willingly disregarded too.

You just can't act like Matt, or whoever it was, really takes the time to put a lot of thorough thought into a little ole image share. Just 1 of a shitload of tasks tackled each day. His pages share a bunch of stuff everyday. He also has to keep up with retail sales, promoting, advertising, traveling, filming, and is building a new house. Dude surely puts in the work. I could see it being an oversight, but that doesn't mean it is.

I also think its kinda crazy to be offended by a page like his sharing something like that. To me, it's kinda cool to have your **** shared on the offroad bigscreen. You really think Matt made a shitload of money off the couple little pics they forgot to tag the owners in? Nah....**** don't bring in THAT much revenue.

Cole fimed me at Gray Rock in my Toyota, last I looked it had something like 47k views on Youtube. He didn't ask me, holy **** should I be offended that he made money off of filming me wheel without my consent? Same **** isn't it? You guys are really mad someone took a picture that someone posted on the internet and shared it...just doesn't seem significant to me. If that much significance was placed on it, why would you be posting pics of the **** online. I realize it was taken from facebook, but facebook is not really a private forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's awesome when someone shares a picture you took of a project that you've been working your ass off on, but it sucks when they don't give credit to the owner. Is building buggies my fullback time gig, no but it does make me money to support my hobbies. So when your work is shared for his companies benefit that's kind of ****ed up is it not?

Cole filming you isn't exactly comparable, did he take a video you recorded and shared with your friends then copy it and post to YouTube as his own work? No it was his own work, could he have said hey man care if share a video of you weepowing up this hill? Yeah probably. The flip side for me is cole has actually reached out to me for permission in the past to use a picture I posted. So to say they don't have time is a cop out. If it doesn't bring in THAT much revenue then what's he losing crediting the picture.

Does he work his ass off, yeah. Has he built a brand from the ground up, yeah. Does he work harder than the guys work that he's copy/pasting, I doubt it. So that's a bs execuse

muddinmetal said:
You mean who's life is supported by this hobby?

Edit: I now see Josh said the same thing...

HA!!! You and JD are on the same page

smbroady82 said:
Says Hardline's #1 troll .. :flipgotcha:

Kind of ironic, don't you think....

#10,000spoons

Jduck said:
It's awesome when someone shares a picture you took of a project that you've been working your ass off on, but it sucks when they don't give credit to the owner. Is building buggies my fullback time gig, no but it does make me money to support my hobbies. So when your work is shared for his companies benefit that's kind of ****ed up is it not?

Cole filming you isn't exactly comparable, did he take a video you recorded and shared with your friends then copy it and post to YouTube as his own work? No it was his own work, could he have said hey man care if share a video of you weepowing up this hill? Yeah probably. The flip side for me is cole has actually reached out to me for permission in the past to use a picture I posted. So to say they don't have time is a cop out. If it doesn't bring in THAT much revenue then what's he losing crediting the picture.

Does he work his ass off, yeah. Has he built a brand from the ground up, yeah. Does he work harder than the guys work that he's copy/pasting, I doubt it. So that's a bs execuse

Totally get where you are coming from, but here are the factors of it that make it seem rather insignificant to me.

1.) Even if he had posted "This badass buggy was built by Wizzo", 90% of the people that look at and "liked" the picture don't give 2 shits who built it. They just look at it and go on.

2.) It seems simplistic that it would have been totally cool if he had just tagged Wizzo in it. Like long as everyone knew he built the buggy, there's no butthurt.

3.) Even if he didn't credit the picture on purpose, it's not like he's passing it off as his own work. Everybody that knows anything about an offroad media company knows 99% of the **** they share was built by someone else. Do you really think there's some sort of evil underlying reason for them not crediting the picture as you wish?

No hard feelings, everyone's different. If I built something that cool, it'd tickle me pink to have it shown off like that, and 90% of the people out there are like that. I'm sure they share other people's **** so often that they automatically assume it's not a big deal sometimes to not give photo cred. Share 100 pics of people's buggys and only 2 out of 100 people get mad about not getting photo cred, kinda paves the way for non-importance. Still doesn't make it right, just saying. I doubt whoever shared it was sitting there plotting like an evil genius saying to themselves, I'm gonna use this pic on social media and not tag the owner so that I become filthy rich! Muahahahahaa....... molaugh

Eddyj said:
I don't build for a living and my rig is to crappy for the social media grand wizard BK to post, so its easy for me to play it cool. I couldn't imagine putting in countless hours just to have someone else use it for their benefit, without giving credit.

My junk is nowhere close to BK worthy but some asshat took a pic from a jeep forum from my build years ago and posted it on facebook as his build on a XJ page. I had about 10 different people tagging me and the guy deleted his account after I started asking him questions about how he had done things. So guess it don't matter how big a pos you got somebody will still try to claim it. But when I posted the pic I put it out there for whoever to see but still it's not cool for someone else to take the credit or not give any credit.

redneckengineered said:
What's the deal with not acknowledging the builder, owner, or giving credit whatsoever on the picture? At the very least ask for permission to use the image. The builder was tagged in the comments by others but with 2.5m followers I'm sure you do not check those. You've always struck me as one of the most sensitive to these types of issues, for good reason.

Done stirred up a hornets nest :rolf:

Probably an honest mistake. :dunno:

Ok this is the second time this week I've heard some stupid **** like this! If you don't want your pictures or for that matter comments shared or copied don't post them to the internet! I mean **** did the owner of the picture get upset or butt hurt? If so a message hey I'd rather you not share my picture message would get that mf'r deleted quick! There is a delete button on Facebook that prevents people you aren't at least aquantences with from seeing your **** privacy settings will take care of everything else! ****in sad :flipgotcha: