• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Daily Driver oil type talk (gas engines only)

I have always run conventional oil in all my vehicles, and I have always changed it myself. Have run Pennsoil, Castrol and Valvoline no problems but I don't bounce around brands in a vehicle. Once I use a brand in a vehicle that's all I'll use. I'm running Valvoline in 'em all right now. I tried some Amsoil one time and the motor leaked all over. I swapped back and never leaked again. I target 3000 miles for oil changes and we have never had any trouble in any brand vehicle and we've run several over 200k. My current daily driver is an 05 Silverado Z71 with 225K. It runs strong, burns 1 qt in 3000 and I still get around 17 mpg average. I try and run Delco factory filters in my GM stuff and Motorcraft in the Ferds. I had always been a Fram fan but all their filters now are xtra guard, double guard, all that means to me is that it more filtration, thicker and harder to get the oil through. I have used Wix and Purolator filters too but my 1st choice is Delco and Motorcraft. :spin:

TBItoy said:
Mobil 1 full synthetic whatever the recommended weight is for the engine, 5000 mile interval (works out to once a year on my trucks)

That's what I do with our2006 Camry 4cyl. , 248,000 miles, still doesn't use a drop of oil. Mobil 1 and Yoter filters.