• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota dirty 30 shafts

Yotanut

Just broke a trail-gear dirty 30 chromo shaft. I've had them 8 years and see where trail-gear only sells long field shafts now. I'm waiting on a reply from an email hoping they are still gonna honor the dirty 30 lifetime warranty. Anyone else have any experience with them swapping over and the warranty?

I am interested in how this plays out. I have been beating on my TG Dirty30s since 2010 with no problems!

If they won't warranty them, don't buy the "long fields" they aren't the same as the old ones. I have a set in the shop if the new ones and a set of rcv's(what I'm told is the old longfields). Rcv's are way nicer and they won't hassle warranty stuff.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

poolman said:
That's impressive

I have a close wheeling buddy who had broke TG chromoly rears but still hasnt broke a front Dirty 30. He beats the hell out of his rig too....Ive been impressed by the ass whipping theyve taken. He just switched to 40" stickys though....so things may change.

Highly doubt they will warranty it but what they will do is give you a discount on a new set of there "longfields". Dont waste your money, but rcvs

Re: Re: Toyota dirty 30 shafts

alscott said:
Highly doubt they will warranty it but what they will do is give you a discount on a new set of there "longfields". Dont waste your money, but rcvs
Yup

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Shoot I've had good luck with TG and warranty replacement. I broke a set of their 6.5 tcase gears after approx. 9 years. I'd purchased them through a company called Datin Fab back then and since then they've stepped away from selling parts and gone more towards fab work. I didn't have a receipt...obviously. I got lucky and found an email discussing when the gears would ship. I sent this to TG and they contacted the owner of the shop since theyve been pretty close over the years. The owner vouched for me being his customer and we were set. After all was said and done they said now I'm in the system and won't have any issues moving forward. :driving:

I probably won't get another 9 years out of this set, but one can hope...

If you have a receipt itll help but its not guaranteed warranty. I broke a set of ARP hub stubs I bought from and had the receipt. They were lifetime warranty when bought... because I could not show proof of all 6 broke except for a hub pic of them sheared off, they wouldnt replace them. As you can imagine, its impossible to find all 6 studs in rocks and mud that broke off. I have a 4.7 gear set I busted a few years ago and found the receipt couple weeks ago. When bought they were lifetime. Im going to try to get it warrantied but im not being hopeful.

Birf cracked out where it mates to the axle shaft. Trail gear says it will be replaced under warranty. In the process of shipping it back . Sounds like it will be replaced with a longfield

The Wrongfield wont last as long as the OG Dirty 30's. Save some pennies, buy RCV's and pull your used and replacement shafts out and put them in the toolbox as spares.

I went through this exact issue.

I broke an OG long about 2 years ago and trail gear wouldn't warranty it out, they just gave me a discount on a set of their "trailgear gun drilled 30 spline longfields", which have a lifetime warranty. I have had them on about 20 rides and they have held up. They are a little loose but they aren't clicking or popping. Knock on wood. Ive got them in a 22re buggy on 36 iroks and they've been through some straight abuse. The grease fitting on the end makes it nice and easy to just pop the hub cover off and shoot them full of grease every few rides