• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New-used truck red flags

Re: Re: New-used truck red flags

RandysMJ said:
That was mine. On long trips the best it got was 13. It averaged around 12 most of the time. Of course towing it went down. I can't believe to interest i got about that truck. I posted it on Facebook and it sold within a day!
Damn, that ain't bad at all. I've know a couple people with them swear someone told me it would rarely get over 10mpg. That's as good as what my 6.0 truck got.

As for selling, I thought the same when I sold my 6.0 truck. Got $16,500 out of it and it sold quick too. I figure I could have at least got another grand out of it. Yours was definitely priced at a deal price for how much truck it is. Good shape 8.1 trucks are becoming a rarity.

My 6.0 was the same way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
You already bought it?

Yessir. Been eyeballing that truck for about two weeks. Went and sealed the deal last night.

Congratulations Luke.

I nearly recommended the Titan XD but figured I'd get laughed right off of hardline. I love my gas XD. It feels more confident towing my rig than my 1500HD and 2500HDs did. Didn't break the bank for a new truck either

Markrobinson said:
Congratulations Luke.

I nearly recommended the Titan XD but figured I'd get laughed right off of hardline. I love my gas XD. It feels more confident towing my rig than my 1500HD and 2500HDs did. Didn't break the bank for a new truck either

I appreciate it man. I considered a Titan. I've heard really good things about them. I just like the Tundras better. Something about them.

Back on topic, I'm shopping for a used truck now. Been seeing allot of them showing up that have been bought at auctions. Most of them were leases that expired and the owning dealership sold them at auctions. Most have a carfax available but I'm not feeling good about them. Whatcha think about that?

Re:

I always try to find one from a private seller that clearly has owned and cared for the truck. You can tell a lot about a truck by what's in the background of the pics and the info he includes in the sale ad.

What I hate is the listings that park a 15 yr old truck with 150k miles in the circle drive of a half million dollar home. Clearly a flipper trying to portray as if the truck comes from a good home, when in reality he probably just bought it last week off some poor sap that couldn't afford to keep/maintain it anymore....scroll on down through the listings, bam there's a different truck in the same damn driveway with similar info in listing. Lol.

Maybe I'm weird but if I don't feel I can trust the seller by what I see in his pics and info in the listing, I go on to the next ones. With that said, there are good deals to be had at certified used car dealers as well. That's where my old 6.0 gasser came from. Traded that 2002 Z06 vette in on it.

Re:

Other than that. I feel pretty confident that if I can look over a vehicle, no leaks or anything out of the ordinary, oil looks good, clean up under it, drive it and everything feels good driving it, it should be good to go. Other than that, only other thing you can do is search forums to find common problems with that particular vehicle before you consider buying.

I'm too worried to buy anything in the used market right now. Unless i personally knew the owner. Mainly because of the flooding last year from the hurricane,Texas,etc. All those flooded out trucks and cars have to end up somewhere. Since most of the diesel trucks that show up on the used market around the south come from Texas, or so it was a few years ago when i was looking. Maybe my paranoia is just too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xjtony said:
I'm too worried to buy anything in the used market right now. Unless i personally knew the owner. Mainly because of the flooding last year from the hurricane,Texas,etc. All those flooded out trucks and cars have to end up somewhere. Since most of the diesel trucks that show up on the used market around the south come from Texas, or so it was a few years ago when i was looking. Maybe my paranoia is just too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought flood vehicles that go to insurance companies end up with salvage titles? Meaning you'd know it if the vehicle you were thinking about buying didn't have a good clean title.

TacomaJD said:
I thought flood vehicles that go to insurance companies end up with salvage titles? Meaning you'd know it if the vehicle you were thinking about buying didn't have a good clean title.

Not all. Buddy a few years ago bought a truck that had been flooded on a lot and had a clean title. Hell my jeep has a clean title even though it was technically totaled.