• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric Weed Eaters

money_pit_yj

Anybody have one? I have had 2 commercial gas ones break this year and my hippy neighbor rocks out with his silent lightweight battery powered one. Other than Tony Ecofriendly Bolton does anybody use one and what kind?

Nope but I'm about to get one. I need to trim about 30' total and I usually get lazy and only hit it every 3rd time or so because it takes longer for my little troybilt trimmer to warm up than to trim around the front porch

I HAVE THE DEWALT 40VOLT AND LIKE IT FOR HOUSEHOLD WEEDEATING ITS NOT FOR CLEARING BRUSH , IT WORKS GREAT AND BATTERY LAST ALONG TIME I ALSO HAVE THE CHAINSAW ,BLOWER,AND HEDGE TRIMMER ON THE POLE THEY ALL WORK GREAT HAVE USED THEM FOR A YEAR NOW WITH NO ISSUES

My mom has one called the works I believe, she loves it, it's good for grass only, she gave her old one to my woman and she loves it, I hate the damn thing, if ur 6 feet tall or shorter it might be ok but they are short. I use a 4 stroke Troy bilt and it's great. Fires right up and runs like a champ, its probably 8 years old or better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, I have had a 58v Echo for about two years and will never go back to gas. It has the same head and attachments as gas. I usually use it on low but it is no joke on high. Just as strong as any gas ones I have used over the years. Definitely stronger than some. I get two or three uses out of a 2.0 ah battery charge but if you use it a lot at one time get the 4.0 ah battery one instead. I would not buy a lesser quality electric though.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-58-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless-String-Trimmer-2-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-Included-CDST-58V2AH/303172889

i use the ego 56v and will not go back to a gas trimmer been using for over a year no problems

Since my ol lady does all the yardwork these days i got a milwaukee weedeater blower and hedge trimmer. Its actually really impressive stuff.

I just bought the 80v Kobalt from Lowe's and installed an "Ugly Head" on it. I'll give it a try and report back. They sell a chainsaw that would be pretty sweet for cutting limbs on the trail too.

The battery powered stuff has come a long way. Gonna be hard for me to put down my 15yr old shindyawa. Changed the cutting head 1 time and still runs perfect.

I don't have very much weed eating to do so I bought a dewalt and like it. Like others have said, it's definitely light duty home use. Not commercial grade or heavy duty farm use. I love the convenience of it though.

**** a buncha trimmin'....if the mower doesn't get it, it wasn't mean to be. Or....once it's tall enough itill fall over and then you can get it with the mower :)

tonybolton said:
**** a buncha trimmin'....if the mower doesn't get it, it wasn't mean to be. Or....once it's tall enough itill fall over and then you can get it with the mower :)

My weed eater comes in a bottle called, brush killer. thumb.gif

LOL!! Mine too!! I sprayed that all around the house and stupid area's I didn't give a **** if grass ever grew there again. Still dead to this day. HAHAHAHA

DallasBlade said:
My weed eater comes in a bottle called, brush killer. thumb.gif

Yeah I spray/kill everything I cannot touch with my mower. Fawk a bunch of grass slung all over my pant legs and shoes, mixing oil and gas, and the worst part ever - fawking with weedeater line.

I bought an ez-pull Echo weedeater a couple years ago. I only use it in extreme cases. Currently it hangs up in the garage with no line on it bc I don't even want to fawk with it.

I must've bumped my head at a young age because I enjoy mowing and weed eating. It's not that hard if you keep up with it and it looks so good when it's done. Gas weed eaters are not that big of a deal if you buy a good one and put good gas and oil in it. Dad has a stihl he's had forever that's got tons of hours on it around the farm and he's never had to mess with it. He bought another one just so he didn't have to keep switching from the brush cutting metal blade back to string. I had a Ryobi at my first house and it was junk so I hardly ever ran it. When I bought my new house I bought a Stihl and I've never had a problem with it so I use it at least every other time I mow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I drive a hybrid and have a battery weed eater. I am now even lazier and just spray anything that needs weedate with weed killer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk