• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone around Ft Payne

jccarter1

Me and my wife are planning on coming to Ft Payne to stay in some secluded log cabin that she found for our anniversary but we want to try to go kayaking Saturday and can't find anything about people who rent or drop/pick-up we have our own kayaks just hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction

Re:

Work in fp, live 15 min from it. My wife just carried her son kayaking with some of her friends and kids last week, I will ask where, but I dont think its in ft payne, will be a couple cities away most likely.

I assume y'all are staying on the brow in the Ft Payne/Mentone area? Be sure and drive to 1.) Desoto Falls 2.) Little River Canyon. Both withing 15-20ish min or less from where you are probably staying. Little River Canyon has the main highway bridge you can walk out on, decked walkways down to view the falls, but the canyon rim road is badass. Several stops at overlooks to see the great parts of the canyon. I have to remind myself every now and then to not take advantage of the beauty in our area because I grew up around it.

If you only feel like making it to one of the falls, def do Little River and the rim road. You'll enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

Where are y'all from? Odd choice of a cabin in Ft Payne, as there are nicer cabins and nicer places to choose from, imo. But, I guess Ft Payne/mentone area would be pretty cool if you've never been before.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies we tried the one world adventure and they said they didn't have any so I dont no about them and we are staying at bear creek cabins and mainly bc we have small children at home so we can't go off supper far. We both grew up in north Alabama towards Huntsville so we just wanted something simple

jccarter1 said:
Thanks for the replies we tried the one world adventure and they said they didn't have any so I dont no about them and we are staying at bear creek cabins and mainly bc we have small children at home so we can't go off supper far. We both grew up in north Alabama towards Huntsville so we just wanted something simple

Cool! There is this place up near Bryant with most cabins overlooking Nickajack if you are interested in a different place next time. I wouldn't mind staying in one of these, but if we do a cabin trip, we usually get like 10 people together and rent a large one in Gatlinburg.

Nice cabins and relatively new.
http://www.grantsummitcabins.com/

There is a place in Peidmont but I can't remember the name of it. I go by it every time I go to Chocolocco.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

trucker said:
There is a place in Peidmont but I can't remember the name of it. I go by it every time I go to Chocolocco.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's the one I posted a link to, Redneck Yacht Club Kayak