• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Few more part questions

Dirt700

Getting ready to make hopefully the final order of parts to finish up the buggy.

1. Sway bars - antirock or tk1? And why

2. Cams- BTR stage 3 truck Cam(218/224 .553 lift 113lsa) or TSP stage 3 truck Cam,(216/220 110lsa) the tsp has a low lift(.550) and a high lift (.600).

Lower lsa will bring down the power range to a more useable rpm and for my 6.0 I went with a 234/236 111lsa and love it

As much as I like the sound of a big cam with high duration, high lift and low LSA, I knew that it wouldn't be practical for me. I went with the BTR stage 2 truck cam for my LQ9. Hopefully I'll have it ready to fire in the next 6-8 weeks!

jccarter1 said:
Lower lsa will bring down the power range to a more useable rpm and for my 6.0 I went with a 234/236 111lsa and love it
I was going to message you, you told me once before and I forgot

redneckengineered said:
Hard to give cam advice without knowing specs on the motor.
6.0, trailblazer SS intake, 92mm tb. Hopefully a set of 243 heads if I find a good set, if not 317s

BustedKnucklefilms said:
We sell a lot of Anti rock kits as well as a few Pac Racing kits. Can't go wrong with either. :dblthumb:
Probably won't be buying a pac. I need to call Jake about some other stuff, I will see what he can do for me. Thanks Matt

waggener1 said:
As much as I like the sound of a big cam with high duration, high lift and low LSA, I knew that it wouldn't be practical for me. I went with the BTR stage 2 truck cam for my LQ9. Hopefully I'll have it ready to fire in the next 6-8 weeks!
When I talked to Texas speed they said if I went higher duration, then a lower lsa would help power come on sooner, like Clint said

Dirt700 said:
6.0, trailblazer SS intake, 92mm tb. Hopefully a set of 243 heads if I find a good set, if not 317s

Look for 243 or 799 heads for that intake. The flow and higher compression will make a big difference. I have a mint TBSS intake I need to list. I had clearance issues in my buggy unfortunately and had to go with an aftermarket unit to flow as well on my LS2.