• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Gray Rock 2004

ForMud

Found this article in a old fourwheeler magazine over the weekend and thought you guys might appreciate it.
Any of these guys/rigs still around?

Brent cut the bronco up and used some of the parts for the EB he has now, that is currently under the knife. Hal's 4runner was for sale recently, may have been here, the winch on the front of it was on my old Toyota.

The blue Bronco belonged to Brent Williams, founder/president of CAOS (Central Alabama Offroad Society). After wheeling it for MANY years, it was finally torn down and the body scrapped. The 460 and Rockwells went into an early Bronco.

Superman married Lois Lane Jones and hasn't been seen since. Buggy was placed on display at the Smithsonian afterwards after the reception... RIP Mr Jones. :rolf: :rolf: :stir:

ADMINISTRATOR

That is me in the red "Tub Truck"! It was a great rig
back in the day and has since been sold a few times. It had great parts in it at one time(custom built 454 with a Ramjet 502 fuel injection, 3.8 Atlas,60/14 bolt 44 inch Swampers and all that good stuff). I saw it for sale over in Georgia a few months ago for not much less than I sold it for 14 years ago!

Yes Aetna was cold that day, and it was slick climb up the hill just to get out of the campground...great day for wheelin

Good to see I'm not the only one that saves old magazines.

I remember the first time I saw the Superman samurai. I was hooked!!

Jeepnron said:
That is me in the red "Tub Truck"! It was a great rig
back in the day and has since been sold a few times. It had great parts in it at one time(custom built 454 with a Ramjet 502 fuel injection, 3.8 Atlas,60/14 bolt 44 inch Swampers and all that good stuff). I saw it for sale over in Georgia a few months ago for not much less than I sold it for 14 years ago!

Hey Ron, good to see you chirp in sir. Didn't Adam build you a buggy a while back? If so, how about some pics of it? That Marine Big Block Jeep was way ahead of it'd time. I remember it parked at the front of Grayrock behind the portalets and just drooling over it. :driving:

ADMINISTRATOR

This one came up and thought I'd add it in. Good times for sure.

ADMINISTRATOR

Attachments

• GrayRock.jpg
    GrayRock.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 131
Just noticed the year- 2004. That was my first time going to Gray Rock and also the first time seeing Buggies/Rock Bouncers... Really that was the weekend that led me to joining this forum.

Does the yellow CJ have or used to a built LT1 in it? I could be thinking of a different yellow jeep.

Hey Ron, good to see you chirp in sir. Didn't Adam build you a buggy a while back? If so, how about some pics of it? That Marine Big Block Jeep was way ahead of it'd time. I remember it parked at the front of Grayrock behind the portalets and just drooling over it. Driving

Yeah I had a lot of good times in the Jeep.

Adam built the Jeep I have now back about 11 years ago just before he became "Rich & Famous"! He was still working out of his dads barn! It has the same theme as that old red Jeep(Tub Truck). It is low, long, and wide. I still enjoy ridding when I get the chance!

Here is a video of me and my son driving it a few years ago. Video credits go to Mathew Glasscock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0WOFqoE_g8

Also, the yellow Jeep is not LT1 but it is a Chevy 350. It is better known as The Bird and is still around and on the trails from time to time. The owner lives in Hayden, AL.