• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

race fuel

jeeppoor

Will leaded gas plug up an fuel injection system?
Last time we are windrock we filled up at their general store. After doing that a couple times we noticed that the jeep starts easier and runs a little better.
So looking around (here in Michigan) for gas without ethanol all I come up with is race gas.
And I was told that leaded gas will clog up an fuel injection system. Never heard of that. So I thought that I would as the all knowing hardline tech section.

Leaded gasoline was banned in the late 80's, early 90's. I assume you are talking about gasoline with ethanol in it. Ethanol does cause problems in fuel systems but it's mostly from being left in the system for long periods.

1TONTJ said:
Leaded gasoline was banned in the late 80's, early 90's. I assume you are talking about gasoline with ethanol in it. Ethanol does cause problems in fuel systems but it's mostly from being left in the system for long periods.

leaded gas is still available in race gas and aviation fuel :dblthumb:

jeeppoor said:
Will leaded gas plug up an fuel injection system?
Last time we are windrock we filled up at their general store. After doing that a couple times we noticed that the jeep starts easier and runs a little better.
So looking around (here in Michigan) for gas without ethanol all I come up with is race gas.
And I was told that leaded gas will clog up an fuel injection system. Never heard of that. So I thought that I would as the all knowing hardline tech section.

So I'm a bit confused by this initial post.

Does Windrock General store have Race Gas out of the pump or are you meaning Gas with Ethanol vs Ethanol Free Gas?

ridered3 said:
So I'm a bit confused by this initial post.

Does Windrock General store have Race Gas out of the pump or are you meaning Gas with Ethanol vs Ethanol Free Gas?

Thought same thing, just assumed meant ethenol free. Ethenol free gas is preferred fuel for marine use especially in modern outboards, might try to locate a fuel station near public boat ramps as they normally have E0. Some stations in my neck of the woods carry E0 premium.

StudNuts said:
Thought same thing, just assumed meant ethenol free. Ethenol free gas is preferred fuel for marine use especially in modern outboards, might try to locate a fuel station near public boat ramps as they normally have E0. Some stations in my neck of the woods carry E0 premium.
Yes I meant Ethanol free.