• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Securing brake lines and hydro hoses to links?

Moto85

Bham, AL
I'm to the point in my front link build on my YJ that I need to figure out how to mount the brake line and the hydro hoses to the upper link and down to the axle.
What have you guys used or seen that you liked? Thanks for any info or pictures y'all can post up!

I like to use the top portion of the billet aluminum clamps on the axle, and have used them on the links.

https://www.racetronix.biz/storeitems.asp?cc=pcl-xx

these are good for attaching steering lines to links

https://www.amazon.com/Braided-Separator-Billet-Aluminum-AN756-012B/dp/B01FI4PBZG

Poly Performance used to sell these that were awesome, but I can't find them anymore

lineclamps.jpg

I bought a bunch of those a while back you can find them if you search.
51f374b235899a560a72e55dd77c5cb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like something like this for brake lines:
3an-brakeline-mounts_600x.JPG

I wish poly still had those rubber bushings that Daniel posted for hydro lines.

Pretty sure the new partially committed build is using these from ajkoffroad:
Brake_line_clamp-300x300.jpg

Damn I thought I step up when I bought stainless steel zip ties.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wizzo said:
I like something like this for brake lines:
3an-brakeline-mounts_600x.JPG

I wish poly still had those rubber bushings that Daniel posted for hydro lines.

Pretty sure the new partially committed build is using these from ajkoffroad:
Brake_line_clamp-300x300.jpg
Wizzo do you know where the clamp in the first picture came from?

I used the rubber ones from Poly performance for hydro, fuel, etc. I used RuffStuff's brake line tabs on the links for brake lines.

I just bought three of the AJK Offroad ones for my build. https://ajkoffroad.com/shop/brake-line-clamp/

Really nice pieces! I was going to fab something, but for $20 it wasn't worth my time to mess with it.

kmcminn said:
Anyone ordered any of these from AJK?

Pretty sure Lee used them on he most recent "partially committed racing build". There is a build thread on here. Not sure if they posted much on the clamps.

wizzo said:
Pretty sure Lee used them on he most recent "partially committed racing build". There is a build thread on here. Not sure if they posted much on the clamps.

Yea there are some on there, and some we opted away from. They are cool pieces and are made really well, no doubt - but they are also kinda a pain in the ass. They have to be lined up perfectly to get started and juggling lines, a ratchet, 2 pieces and a bolt that have to be absolutely perfect....is easier on paper than it is in real life laughing1

They are definitely nice pieces though and if they are your thing...go for it. You wont be disappointed with them.

Me personally???? I use HVAC zipties because I like easy and quick maintenance. Never one time had an issue.

slravenel said:
Yea there are some on there, and some we opted away from. They are cool pieces and are made really well, no doubt - but they are also kinda a pain in the ass. They have to be lined up perfectly to get started and juggling lines, a ratchet, 2 pieces and a bolt that have to be absolutely perfect....is easier on paper than it is in real life laughing1

They are definitely nice pieces though and if they are your thing...go for it. You wont be disappointed with them.

Me personally???? I use HVAC zipties because I like easy and quick maintenance. Never one time had an issue.

Well **** I done ordered some.

slravenel said:

That was my experience with them on the bouncer I finished out. Found if you put 1 bolt in just a hair, and look at it just right you can get it to stay together long enough to get the lines in and the other bolt started. Quality is awesome, they do tend to sit the lines up off the link a little bit though, so if your links tuck up super close at bump you may have to watch where you put them.

kmcminn said:
Anyone ordered any of these from AJK?

Here's a couple pictures of mine installed. As mentioned, you can get the threads started in the bolt and there is enough room to get the line in the clamp portion from the top. You can loosely snug and then adjust spacing/angle, etc. There was enough room in the clamp to accommodate my -3An braided line without squishing it. Very line quality, but it is 1/2-3/4" above the link.

BIs8oyvl.jpg

oOH41ipl.jpg

didn't find anything that met my needs, so making my own

Attachments

• clamps.jpg
    clamps.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 142
  • clamp1.jpg
    clamp1.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 148
https://eversenperformanceproducts.com/collections/products/products/billet-bulkhead-mount

https://eversenperformanceproducts.com/collections/products/products/billet-bulkhead-mount-brake-line-axle-vent

Latest posts