• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sound bars

Chaz

Does anyone use a regular Bluetooth speaker in their buggy? Trying to decide if I want a big sound bar like the wet sounds stealth 10/powerbass xl1000 or if a small portable speaker would be loud enough.

e315acd3701ef8d79137f18eae7b18e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i use a cheap amazon one. Case came with a little beaner and it hooks right next to shift column. Buuuuuuuuut i'm also not running a v8 with a loud exhaust so apples and oranges???

I'm thinking of going this route in my Jeep just for the simplicity of it. Will see what others add to this and recommend.

How loud are you wanting it? The Stealth bar you listed is going to flat out destroy any small portable bluetooth speaker. We're talking a $700 speaker set vs a $150 speaker.

You can go with a smaller Stealth and reduce your price and still be loud. And if it's near your head or aimed right at it, it's going to be quite loud. With a V8, bass will be minimal, but the bass addition can help balance out the highs in the speaker bar so your ears don't bleed.

If I'm going with my rig, and I take my tunes serious, I'm going with the full speaker bar. I've got an EU (or UE) Boom bluetooth speaker, and while loud, it's not going to deliver the sound that I want. I could easily hear it in my V8 CJ, but it's going to sound like what it is. A small portable speaker.

I run full speakers, and a sub in my rig. But I'm also full bodied.

I have run the stealth 10 in the last two rigs ive wheeled and honestly wont hesitate to buy another. Although it doesn't have much base the quality of sound is great and supper clear.

I run the small pro armor sound bar in my buggy. Clean sound and it's pretty loud and is pretty small and affordable. Wetsound is an awesome choice as well. Just didn't wanna spend that money

FWIW, I have a Bose Soundlink Mini that I use to listen to music wherever, inside, outside, in the shower, in the garage, whatever......I threw it on the dash of my old Polaris Ranger I had, volume wide open and could barely hear it while driving around. And it's loud for such a small speaker, with lots of bass for its size.

Last thing you want to do is waste money on a mickey mouse radio for your $30k-$40k buggy and be disappointed, then end up spending to get a nice soundbar anyways.

Another cheaper option is to do a system like I had in my old Toyota. I bought a cheap marine 4 channel amp, an input wire that had a 3.5mm phone jack on one end and plugged into the aux inputs on the amp, then ran 4 marine speakers and 2 small 3.5" regular speakers off of it. Infinity makes some badass sounding marine speakers. Of course, you'd have to have boxes to mount them in. I ended up with around $250 in my setup and was running 6 speakers off of it. It was plenty loud enough. BUT.......its a whole lot easier to just buy a soundbar all packaged together, looks better too. So, I vote for "don't be a cheapass and just buy a soundbar...."

:flipoff1:

Yeah do it once do it right. wetsound ultra Batman mega10 bazooka tuber hd blueteeth is the winner. Now I'll be able to listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from 9 to 11

Headsets and intercom. FWIW. I dont think id run another rig without em. Noise levels get blocked out by the headsets, mic to talk to your passenger and if you add a radio you can spot your buddy without leaving your seat.

Re: Re: Sound bars

Warewolf SD said:
Headsets and intercom. FWIW. I dont think id run another rig without em. Noise levels get blocked out by the headsets, mic to talk to your passenger and if you add a radio you can spot your buddy without leaving your seat.
Hard to party with that setup! LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Inaccurate. The sound quality in the headsets is amazing and not ****ed up by other sound. Both people in the cab are partying and singing along. Oh, you want people outside the vehicle to know how cool you are by how loud your music is? Then, yes, nobody else will know what song you're listening to, and that's what partying is. Others hearing how much fun you're having :flipoff1:
Seriously though, love my headsets and intercom.

Eventually I want some sort of sound bar on my buggy, just hate to spend 6-700 hundred on wet sounds.

A guy on fb has them near me for 550 brand new. That's the only reason I am going that route. There's a lightly used one for $450 but from what I read I'll want the warranty

Robbiem said:
A guy on fb has them near me for 550 brand new. That's the only reason I am going that route. There's a lightly used one for $450 but from what I read I'll want the warranty

Link please! That sounds more reasonable.