• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I’m sure this has been covered.......

TBItoy said:

That's what I was thinking this whole time. Could have thrown a camper shell on it and been good to go.

paradisepwoffrd said:
And likely a ton more miles and higher price vs the van.

Maybe a crew 3/4 ton gasser.

Are 6.2 Denali SUV's cheap or something?

Idk, the gayness of driving a van pretty much anywhere regardless of practicality would kill it for me. Denali has my vote if those are really the only two options you are considering.

TacomaJD said:
That's what I was thinking this whole time. Could have thrown a camper shell on it and been good to go.

Are 6.2 Denali SUV's cheap or something?

Idk, the gayness of driving a van pretty much anywhere regardless of practicality would kill it for me. Denali has my vote if those are really the only two options you are considering.

Wife will drive it some too. Denalis aren't any cheaper than anything g else, just thought they would tow better with 6.2. My wife will drive this a lot too so that's why I'm not keeping mine. And I am supposed to have a buyer and it is hard for me to turn down money. May just buy a TJ for now and work this out once I sell the wife's highlander and get moved in the house. :dunno:

Van is just a good way to get a lot for the money.

Only way you can get a van is if you write "Free Puppies" on the side of it on red spray paint. And the Van must be of the panel variety.

sounds like you just need to buy a suburban if you want to haul more people than stuff.

3/4t suburban if you want to primarily tow with it.

6.2 is cool and all, but you'll pay for it.

One of those nice ass conversion vans would be flashemifyougotem

c13930573c411bafab13350ffcf8c391.jpg

the_white_shadow said:
Only way you can get a van is if you write "Free Puppies" on the side of it on red spray paint. And the Van must be of the panel variety.

I had a friend with an electricians van that had Stabin Cabin on the back so we put a rainbow strip between bumper and body. Stayed like that as long as I can remember. He did a ton of work in the gay part of town and drew lots of attention :rolf:

We have a 2008 Yukon Denali XL, my wife drives it daily and tows the buggy or the boat with it and it does pretty damn good. With the Denali you get a 6.2 and a 6 speed tranny. When she tows the buggy we put the leveling bars and the sway bar on the trailer.

jeeptj99 said:
Buddy of mine has a for Econoline 4 wheel drive with a 4bt cummins in it. It's also got the pop up top and has all the stuff inside it except shower and toilet.

I saw this topic last night and was going to post that if he went with a van, it needed to be a 4x4 one. If your buddy ever wanted to sell that ^ van, I've got someone that would be interested in it once back from deployment.