• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on LASIK eye surgery?

jeff150

I want to have it done but would like to hear from a few that already have.
Any negatives to it? What did it cost? Any doctor you'd recommend or not? (North Alabama)
Thanks

smbroady82 said:
my wife is thinking about having it done as well... I'll have to keep an EYE on this thread..... :rolf:

Sam you are one funny guy!!! But looks ain't everything!!! :stir:

I lost some reading vision. Need readers now for fine print.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My mom had it done....she loved it but after 5 or 6 years she started needing glasses again for up close reading.

She did both eyes....around 800-1k I believe.

She recommended I do it but I'm fine my 60$ glasses. That....and I dont like ****ing with my eyes. They're important to me. Soooooo many more Instagram hos to see.

Friend of mine had it done years ago and couldn't be happier. We do ALOT of winter sports and wearing glasses and fogging up just plain sucks. I looked into it last year and they told I wasn't a good candidate for the surgery. I would rather wear glasses to drive etc than wearing them under a weld helmet for work all day.

My wife had it done as well and she can finally see things without contacts, she was almost blind otherwise. On the down side of that now that she can see so well our marriage is in question! :rolf:

BamaReno said:
Best money I ever spent.. 20/15 vision now. Cost me $4400

X2... I think mine was around $3600 about 8yrs ago. I would have paid double.
Dr did say I would probably need reading glasses around the age of 40 just as any average person would around that time

Mattman347 said:
My wife had it done as well and she can finally see things without contacts, she was almost blind otherwise. On the down side of that now that she can see so well our marriage is in question! :rolf:

Exactly why my wife isn't allowed. My Dad did it after years of debating it and was amazed at his results. Said it was best thing he ever did for himself.

I had it done a couple years ago. I'm glad I did it I think it was around 4K. Talk to your insurance provider
they may pay a little bit if you use someone in there network. Only complaint is sometimes at night my eyes
may get a little dry, they said it's normal that it takes a while for your tear ducts to adjust from the procedure

I have a buddy who is an eye doctor. He thinks they are great and safe. He only warns that if you are over 40 its not worth it. your eyes start changing too much I guess.

I had it done about 12 years ago, still doing fine and no need for glasses/contacts yet. I'm sure I'll eventually need them but so far so good. Definitely don't regret doing the procedure, had crappy eyesight since I was a kid and was tired of dealing with contacts/glasses. I was 20/15 about a year after the surgery, last time I was checked I was 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in the other.

Do it and don't look back! As Matt said, it will change your life. I had mine done 7 years ago. My wife had hers done about about a month after mine. No contacts, no glasses, no worries. I was 23 when I had mine done. They said when I get to my 40s or 50s I'll probably still need reading glasses. I think when I did it it was around $1,750 per eye. It's cheaper now. Best money I ever spent.

Latest posts