• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Opinions on LASIK eye surgery?

Life changing!

Best decision I've ever made!

I had my procedure done in the Spring of 2011. I think I was 31 years old at the time. I had the blade-less procedure performed. It was more money than the traditional procedure (around 4k), but it also brought me peace of mind.

tall boy said:
I have a buddy who is an eye doctor. He thinks they are great and safe. He only warns that if you are over 40 its not worth it. your eyes start changing too much I guess.
Yeah, I'm 48 so I figure I will eventually have to get reading glasses even with the surgery. I've worn contacts since I was 12 and have considered surgery since the late 90's, I just hate to spend the money.
My mom had cataract surgery last year at the age of 80, they did the vision correction at the same time (insurance paid because it was a medical procedure instead of cosmetic). She said she has better vision now than when she was 25.

dwa2469 said:
The only thing I would add is, I would not want the "low bid" contractor working on my eyes :****:

This. There is a doctor that travels between Atlanta, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Ashville doing it. He's supposed to be one of the best in the country. A guy i work with had him do his surgery and it was about $4k he thinks. https://www.woolfsoneye.com/ here's his website.

I've been dragging my feet on getting it done because after 20 yes of contacts I'm just so used to them and profecient at getting them in and out that I don't think about it. One of my biggest concerns that makes me want to get them is a **** hits the fan scenario and I can't get more contacts and my glasses get ****ed up. I can't operate without either or. It's been a few years since I asked a doctor just how bad my eyes were on the whole 20/20 scale deal and I believe he told me I was like 20/800 and I believe my prescription has been around the same since then.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
I've been dragging my feet on getting it done because after 20 yes of contacts I'm just so used to them and profecient at getting them in and out that I don't think about it. One of my biggest concerns that makes me want to get them is a **** hits the fan scenario and I can't get more contacts and my glasses get ****ed up. I can't operate without either or. It's been a few years since I asked a doctor just how bad my eyes were on the whole 20/20 scale deal and I believe he told me I was like 20/800 and I believe my prescription has been around the same since then.

Mine is 20/700 and have been wearing contacts for 35 yesrs, when I do put my glasses on it fish bowls so bad I cant really function. I have always wanted Lasik and even considered RK back in the day, but, figured I would be the one person they jacked up, and be screwed for life.

onepieceatatime said:
I've been dragging my feet on getting it done because after 20 yes of contacts I'm just so used to them and profecient at getting them in and out that I don't think about it.

I wore contacts for 17 years. Like you, I was used to them and proficient at taking them in and out, but I was tired of messing with them and ready for a change. I did some math... $80 every three months for contacts, that's $320 each year. The doctor said the procedure would likely get me 10 years without needing any vision correction. At $3200 in contacts and no eye doctor visits, the $4k Lasik procedure is a wash. The added bonus is that I don't have to mess with contacts every morning and night. Additionally, I could possibly go longer than 10 years before needing reading glasses. Currently, I'm 7 years in and I haven't spent a dime on my eyes since the procedure.

ad51c6c5514861a1b9b354a213665ebc.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

just got done with the surgery myself after having glasses for 39 years and not being able to wear contacts I decided it was time.

day one: wow that was some badass valium :****: I think I'm going to sleep this **** off

day two : well its kinda foggy everywhere I look and I had to go to the eye doctor to make sure things went well. told me I was legal to drive and come back in a week

day three: WOW, not all the fog has lifted but the colors of the world are amazing which is a good thing except at night. shadows are supposed to be grayish and see through. Not pitch black!!

so far the only thing I don't like are the 2 pints of eye drops it seems I have to use each day.

Latest posts