• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2rz/3rz toyota Trans and t-case options

Re: 2rz/2rz toyota Trans and t-case options

But if I run a th350? How long is the 2 speed?

billstoy said:
But if I run a th350? How long is the 2 speed?

My atlas had the shortest output possibel. from mounting flange of the case to the rear output flange was a little under 12" if I remember correctly.

It's been a while .. I'm going to try th350 and atlas 2sp. hard part now is the converter. Trans is at the shop. Ordering the lce adapter. slow moving forward.

Seems like a custom flexplate would be easier to make and th350 converters are everywhere and cheap.

Is there anything that makes that not practical?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a few of are looking at it. issue is a centering hub of some type the pilot hole in the crank is 1.25 . converter hub is 1.70. nowhere to cut either for clearance. just getting started.

billstoy said:
a few of are looking at it. issue is a centering hub of some type the pilot hole in the crank is 1.25 . converter hub is 1.70. nowhere to cut either for clearance. just getting started.

Enough room for a 1/2" spacer to bolt on with the crank bolts that is the correct 1.7" and still bolt up the converter

Waiting on the motor plate. will see. But just bolting to converter bolts will not true center ? and if I add 1/2 " I will need to find quality longer bolts? 1.70 hub is almost in the bolt circle. Have you made it work?

billstoy said:
Waiting on the motor plate. will see. But just bolting to converter bolts will not true center ? and if I add 1/2 " I will need to find quality longer bolts? 1.70 hub is almost in the bolt circle. Have you made it work?

No I was just picturing if you made a spacer that bolted on with the flexplate. A spacer with the crank 1.25 pilot size machined in one side to center it and the converter 1.7 on the other side to center and support it. Tig on a couple spacers on each bolt lug on the converter to take up whatever space is created and get the correct size bolts. That's if the spacer bolted on the crank doesn't push the converter too far back.

I think it will pust it to far back. Don't know yet . motor plate should be here by th end of the week.

I was looking at doing this same drivetrain at one point. Was LCE helpful as far of who has made these custom convertors to date? Or at least try these guys?

Latest posts