• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park - Closing

LightBnDr said:
How dare any of you think of ways that the average wheeler or enthusiast could keep it open. . . . . . .
Wait a second...you sound like the current owners...

Lol

Clint,
Midnight Express is an easy 30 min drive from the park

paradisepwoffrd said:
I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but that place has much potential for wedding/event venue.

I know that those events and Wheeling don't tend to go together, but maybe there are options to have both... Such as open for Wheeling on 2 wkends and open for rentals/events in others.

One big thing would be try to find a way to make money in the cold season when not as many wheel.

Maybe put up a bunch of drive through Christmas lights and charge admission. Have a movie playing at a pavilion and Cocoa for sale, etc. Local places here do that and charge $20 per car and are packed out.

That had a wedding one weekend when where riding. Just asked us to stay away from the pavilion around the time of the ceremony. Wasn't a huge deal for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at a wedding this weekend, in a barn in the middle of nowhere, my buddy that got married said they are booked for the next 6 months, making $8k a weekend!

race_jeep said:
I was at a wedding this weekend, in a barn in the middle of nowhere, my buddy that got married said they are booked for the next 6 months, making $8k a weekend!

There are so many places like this it'll make you sick

Re: Re: Golden Mountain Park - Closing

jeeptj99 said:
Or make you wanna buy a barn and hang some christmas lights up
X2...

I have been to too many of these places and GMP has a nice setup for it. They could get bunkhouse rentals too most likely. This would be a good income source that would help pay for park upgrades.

But wedding season is in prime riding weather, so it would be a balance between the 2. Initial thought is 2 wkends a month for weddings and the others for riding.

paradisepwoffrd said:
X2...

I have been to too many of these places and GMP has a nice setup for it. They could get bunkhouse rentals too most likely. This would be a good income source that would help pay for park upgrades.

But wedding season is in prime riding weather, so it would be a balance between the 2. Initial thought is 2 wkends a month for weddings and the others for riding.

Never know. Promote it and you may bring in many wheeling weddings.

Just make sure and keep the focus towards wheeling

cbrjeeper said:
How about shipping containers for bunk house's ?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk
I think as long as they had some creature comforts and good heat and or air people would rent them.

I love this park …..but this pic is all I think of when it comes to it

Attachments

• 127243.jpeg
    127243.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 859
  • 127243.jpeg
    127243.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 853