• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How many " one time regulars " have been ran off of this site ?

BLT94YJ said:
I sometimes wonder how many people are on this forum talking about wheeling but actually never wheel.

thumb.gif

3-4 times a year maybe. Then when I do go I'm a big pansy and baby my stuff and ride around and look at leaves but my boys love it and we have fun.

BLT94YJ said:
I sometimes wonder how many people are on this forum talking about wheeling but actually never wheel.
Does RZR'ing count? If not, then like 2-3 times a year. If so, Like 20. Just did Taylor park, CO, headed to Moab for 7.5 days on the rocks in 5 weeks. ...... In RZR's of course. I mean, I know its gay, so gay in fact we might as well not even go, but if we can cover 2-3x the ground in the same amount of time and run 90% of the same lines as a buggy or way bigger lines than most jeep based rigs, I still call it a win. Plus my 9 yo boy gets to experience it all from the front seat.

Hardline has evolved just like other social media outlets. 5 years ago troll meant something completely different and 13 years ago you had to have a .edu email address to get a Facebook,Twitter wasn't even around and people were proud of their myspace pages. Sadly you have people who use social media to embellish or exaggerate their personality or act like something completely different all together. I would venture to say a lot of the regulars that are no longer hear don't spend much time on social media in any way (except for Casey......he is quite active on social media) because it is very similar to how Hardline is now. It's not better or worse, it has just evolved. I like looking at old threads just to see how much it has changed and there is a distinct difference in years 1-3 and now, but more people who don't know as many people help promote the anonymity that people love about social media. "Who Cares what I do or say I won't meet anyone anyway so it doesn't matter". It's just evolution, that's all. BTW I haven't found a flat earth or evolution thread on here......that would be really fun :rolf:

money_pit_yj said:
Hardline has evolved just like other social media outlets. 5 years ago troll meant something completely different and 13 years ago you had to have a .edu email address to get a Facebook,Twitter wasn't even around and people were proud of their myspace pages. Sadly you have people who use social media to embellish or exaggerate their personality or act like something completely different all together. I would venture to say a lot of the regulars that are no longer hear don't spend much time on social media in any way (except for Casey......he is quite active on social media) because it is very similar to how Hardline is now. It's not better or worse, it has just evolved. I like looking at old threads just to see how much it has changed and there is a distinct difference in years 1-3 and now, but more people who don't know as many people help promote the anonymity that people love about social media. "Who Cares what I do or say I won't meet anyone anyway so it doesn't matter". It's just evolution, that's all. BTW I haven't found a flat earth or evolution thread on here......that would be really fun :rolf:

I've been called a FB whore a time or two.... Look at it this way, free picture storage easy upload. Coming from this forum ( and the ORIGINAL Hardline Forum ) it's awesome to have that ease of access and storage.

The Luke said:
I beg to differ. My Jeep is about 90% junkyard sourced. I've been hunting a 1.375" 16 spl 1350 slip and stub for my new driveshaft. I've not figured out what vehicles came with one yet. Or I guess I could just find any 1350 slip and stub for 2" tube and use that.

So I would prefer more junkyard swap tech....
[/quote

If it wasn't for junkyards, craigslist and forum parts fer sale sections my junk would still be stock. I just wish someone would give me a free D60 or even a cheap one, and by cheap I mean a couple bills not Tony B 5k cheap.

I had become a douche nozzle and took the interwebz too serious. Made some good choices and some bad choices .... karma bit me on the ass so I figured I'd take a break.

But I'm ready to get ole Samuel back out

P said:
I've been called a FB whore a time or two.... Look at it this way, free picture storage easy upload. Coming from this forum ( and the ORIGINAL Hardline Forum ) it's awesome to have that ease of access and storage.

What was the original hardline forum? I gave up trying to log in with my old username

I blame donald trump for the butthurts :popcorn:

Agree on the social media bs. Glad i swore off of it in 2013

Kubotaorange76 said:
What was the original hardline forum? I gave up trying to log in with my old username

I blame donald trump for the butthurts :popcorn:

Agree on the social media bs. Glad i swore off of it in 2013

Hardline Crawlers spawned off of a forum I had for my business Hardline Custom. After MattO and I we're driving home from a WeRock event in TN and decided to start a " new " offroad club that would travel more often then CAOS did and started calling friends to invite to start the club.... Hence, Hardline Crawlers was born

:dblthumb:

P said:
Hardline Crawlers spawned off of a forum I had for my business Hardline Custom. After MattO and I we're driving home from a WeRock event in TN and decided to start a " new " offroad club that would travel more often then CAOS did and started calling friends to invite to start the club.... Hence, Hardline Crawlers was born

Been around since Trailwerx first with you and Jro or whoever, and all those clowns, then HL started with most of the members moving over/ New mods from what I remember.

P said:

That's pretty cool. I always figured JohnG had started it. I don't even remember how I found it but here I am 7 years later.

xjmarc said:
That's pretty cool. I always figured JohnG had started it. I don't even remember how I found it but here I am 7 years later.

JohnG was one of the original " wheelers " that we knew from Grayrock and CAOS ( been riding with him for years ) that had the means and want to travel and wheel. He was in the first hand full of guys I called on that drive home from TN . The early years of the club AND forum where some great years for me personally. I got to spend alot of time meeting and wheeling all over the SE and made some very good friends, some of which are like family to me even still. When we were in Club mode we did alot of great events and spent alot of time helping the parks we'd frequent when we weren't planning out of state rides and weekends.
My only wish looking back is that there were a better evolution of the " Club " side of Hardline . I truly believe that for this forum to get back to the participation and level it once was at , it needs a club presence not only online but in the woods. IMO the OG's that did stick around held on way to tight to " our baby " and didn't allow it to grow and evolve with new people and or fresh Club members. I'm guilty, hell life happened to each of us on many different levels and tragically ended way to early for our brother JohnG :'( I hope as my children begin to move into their young adult lives , my wife and I can start making some trips and wheeling venues again. I've always missed the culture and the friends I was fortunate to make all over the place between this forum and the early days of PBB.

redneckengineered said:
I bet P has been sitting in front of the computer for the past hour furiously refreshing the thread thinking about how it will be received by the Hardline community. But now that you have chimed in and cemented the fact that it was indeed a good post, he can relax.

LoL I'm NEVER on a computer anymore... I work for the man, we all can't be independently wealthy n good looking Andrew :flipoff1:

redneckengineered said:
I bet P has been sitting in front of the computer for the past hour furiously refreshing the thread thinking about how it will be received by the Hardline community. But now that you have chimed in and cemented the fact that it was indeed a good post, he can relax.
Good post

redneckengineered said:

Eddyj said:
Good post

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Latest posts