• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Torque converter

Dirt700

I know the holes are usually a little off but I don't think this much? And the Gap is with the adapter for LS to th400, seems like a lot. It's a ptc tc. I don't have Ed's cell and they are closed today, any help would be appreciated
bd6603629f0d11a2dac1b6b321dcd452.jpg
daeaa03a161271f349c4f5e2092ca4a2.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That other hole to the left looks like it would line up better.

does your flexplate have both bolt patterns?

Looks like you are missing the crank spacer also, or is the TC nose not going all the way in?

I egged them, my flexplate doesn't need the adapter, is what I'm finding out from Google. Just need to space between tc and plate with washers I think
5be879bee280213a475e813d07d5c35c.jpg

Fwiw I used the other style flex plate and the adapter on my th350. Slotted the holes and the converter bolted right up. Not sure but the flex plates may be made different.

Dished flexplate needs the snout adapter for the TC and the holes egged.

Flat flexplate only needs the holes egged.

Re: Re: Torque converter

Bebop said:
Dished flexplate needs the snout adapter for the TC and the holes egged.

Flat flexplate only needs the holes egged.
I egged them, pain in the ass. Thanks for the help.
74840bb6c9fd4ec3c33960c69557886f.jpg

I remember after egging mine out I was slightly worried that I went a little too big. I told pholmann that I didn't want it to clunk too much when I put it in reverse. Lol, he got me straightened out quickly.

Anyway, did you check for endplay in the torque converter? I didn't need the adapter but had to add a washer between the flex plate and tc to get it right.

Re: Re: Torque converter

Beerj said:
I remember after egging mine out I was slightly worried that I went a little too big. I told pholmann that I didn't want it to clunk too much when I put it in reverse. Lol, he got me straightened out quickly.

Anyway, did you check for endplay in the torque converter? I didn't need the adapter but had to add a washer between the flex plate and tc to get it right.
I didn't use the adapter, and I also put in a washer between tc and flexplate. I ended have to make them bigger than I originally did, just to get the bolts to start. Before I tightened them down, I put a socket and bar on Crank, ad tried to move tc back and forth to check bolt play. Seemed pretty tight