• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Duramax programmer for mileage

Efi live. Have had it on 2 of my personnel trucks and have installed on many others with no disappointing faces after.

kmcminn said:
Mine is a 15 model and gets **** mileage when pulling. What's the best programmer for mileage.

Deleted already? My 16 dually deleted no sure what tune is on it gets roughly 11-13 towing 24' enclosed with buggy in it.

wont work said:
Efi live. Have had it on 2 of my personnel trucks and have installed on many others with no disappointing faces after.

Haley, what kind of mileage you getting? Does it get rid of def?
stuftmunky2k said:
Deleted already? My 16 dually deleted no sure what tune is on it gets roughly 11-13 towing 24' enclosed with buggy in it.

Mine is stock and got around 11.5 towing fifth wheel to the beach. Running 70mph.

kmcminn said:
Mine is stock and got around 11.5 towing fifth wheel to the beach. Running 70mph.

That sounds about right.

Slow down and it will get probably 13 or 14 but anyone who tells you they get 16+ towing is full of ****.

My 14 stock, no delete, no tune will get 20-21 empty on the highway, but 12 or so towing my single car trailer. If I start going 75 or so it is probably sub 10.

wont work said:

I know several people running EFI Live on Duramax and they have all been super impressed. Not sure about their mpg but they are screaming fast.

jeeptj99 said:
I know several people running EFI Live on Duramax and they have all been super impressed. Not sure about their mpg but they are screaming fast.

EFI live is just tuning software, like HPTuners

it's all in who writes the programs.

kmcminn said:
I'm not looking for a race truck.

Doesnt' have to be a "race truck", lots of programmers have tunes/tuning strategies for towing, or max unloaded daily drive mileage.

On my LBZ truck, I had a DSP5 setup where you could swap between 5 tunes on the fly (all this was accomplished using EFILive), tunes were from Adrenaline Truck Performance.

My max unloaded fuel economy came from running a pretty "hot" tune and being easy on the pedal.

The Tow tune made the truck drive COMPLETELY different too, made pulling the 34' trailer with 2 rigs a breeze.

I think EFI Live is about the best. You can set custom options like removing speed limiters, changing tire sizes (accurate speedometer) etc.

I chose Kennedy Diesel to do the tuning because he runs the ECM on one of his trucks to verify prior to shipping it to you. you just pay a core deposit until he receives the ecm back.

EFI live on my old 2500... 08 model, it was tuned deleted and straight piped. Avg 22mpg empty/15mpg towing 11klbs

I got a 12 and deleted it with turbo back 4" exhaust with a muffler and EFI live with the trans tune and am very pleased with it. Went back and added the fast lift pump and it helped mileage even more. On everyday driving average 17. Have gotten 21 with mostly interstate driving on trips. Last week pulling 30' gooseneck with two Jeeps to Caryville TN got 13 doing the math.
I will say for everyday driving the trans tune shifts a lot more then I like but I like the way it shifts towing better and since I don't use it much for everyday driver the trade out is worth it

Best tuner for a duramax I've found is google....search for Ram dealer near me .... it worked perfectly for mine!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Best Duramax programmer for mileage

Yours right, after owning 8 chevys i do hate them hahaha ..Mcminn knows there's no hate towards him though. All in good fun
stuftmunky2k said:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2016 duramax 37 dpf deleted ppei kory willis all the way with sotf knob 18mpg around town 22.5mpg interstate at 80-82mph ,

Latest posts