• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ron Davis Radiators

EddieHall said:
Are R.D radiators worth it. Called the other day to place a order 28x19x3 pass side out dr. side return for ls engine with fans for my jimmy smith buggy. $$1365.00 shipped ..wow I figured around 800-900 hundred boy was I wrong
7e560295d4aa81c6752e09966475704e.jpg

Not cheap but it sure is pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneckengineered said:
Watching the temp gauge all day and holding up your buddies after every hill to let your **** cool down is lame. Good cooling is worth the extra $$$. You won't regret it.

Damn, I so hate that guy..................................................... :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :'(

ADMINISTRATOR

No problem,this is a 28×18 Ron called me and talked about my setup ,I'll post more pics it's sweet how they mount the shroud up I'll take pics pm ur number and I'll get u the measurements

I told Ron what I had and what I would be at doing he builds a lot for the ultra 4 guys and Tim's rig ...and he said double pass for the heat

I at a loss. The radiator in the pic above looks to be a single pass to me. Great looking setup and should cool very well but looks single pass. If it is a double pass, I want to learn how.

RustyC said:
I at a loss. The radiator in the pic above looks to be a single pass to me. Great looking setup and should cool very well but looks single pass. If it is a double pass, I want to learn how.

X2

Coming from someone who uses a monster Ron Davis radiator (trophy truck) that is dual pass, there should be a seam in the tank for it to be dual pass like everyone has suggested. Unless the seam in the tank is hiding behind a fan blade in that picture it would appear to be a single pass radiator. Still a quality product.

I could be wrong .not a radiator expert . I could've sworn he said dual pass maybe not... Invoice don't say just fitting location.oh well as long as it cools I'm good.
I didn't see any seems in the tanks
It was gonna be 1100 for ls1 set up,inlet and outlet on same side..I sent him a pic of the Orange jimmy smith buggy ..rad pic drive inlet pass outlet .I didn't wanna run the hoses from one side to the other and the price jumped to 1300,he said 100% custom ..I gotta call them tomorrow for the measurements for the trans,steering fluid cooler/exchanger..I'll ask

Ok so I just talked to Ron (single pass) I was gonna be dual pass but with the neck on opposite sides would be to costly ...hope this clarifies it..

Any chance cooling a 550hp 6.2 with a 28x16 radiator or am I day dreaming ?
Use is going to be trail riding with the occasional beatdown.

The size is the max the builder will fit in the front and I really want to avoid a rear mount rad...

Latest posts