• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheeling in the country

Kep01

Lost as last years Easter egg!!
Short notice ride. Thinking about hitting up wheeling in the country in summertown, TN for a Saturday ride this weekend and wanted to send out an invite and see if anyone wanted to go as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kep01 said:
Short notice ride. Thinking about hitting up wheeling in the country in summertown, TN for a Saturday ride this weekend and wanted to send out an invite and see if anyone wanted to go as well.

What kind of rigs would be riding with you?

ridered3 said:
What kind of rigs would be riding with you?
Well I'm running a Toyota buggy but mostly trail rigs. None of us have bouncers.

ridered3 said:
Ok just curious in case anyone wanted to join y'alls group.
Well my group has dwindled down to just me and my wife. So I guess unless anyone from here joins us it's a solo trip. Either way it will be fun.

kmcminn said:
Get some videos. Is there still random equipment and scrap piles scattered around everywhere?
Was the last time I was there. Haven't been in over a year but talked to a few people and they said the trails have been worked on by the owner.

Well we ride and got wet a few times so I didn't get any pictures or anything but it was a good day to cruise around.

Has there been any trail maintenance done lately? Last couple of years the trails have been beat on like a rented mule with no maintenance. Darron use to redo a couple of different trails for every big event throughout the year which kept it interesting.

4byfan said:
Has there been any trail maintenance done lately? Last couple of years the trails have been beat on like a rented mule with no maintenance. Darron use to redo a couple of different trails for every big event throughout the year which kept it interesting.
Honestly the trails are beat to hell from rain and flooding. It looks like there hasn't been any work done in a long while. But it definitely made it more difficult and added a extra work to getting through. There were ruts cut through the trails from water that were chest deep.

kmcminn said:
Yeah, like add more tires or more repurposed concrete slabs. Used to have a ball there.
Still lots of that. Seems to be the only thing on a few of them.

We had entertained the idea of coming down to WITC for just a day ride in the GayzR, but based on all the rain we got over in Rockvale most of the day Saturday, I am glad we didn't attempt it.

May try to join next time around though.

ridered3 said:
We had entertained the idea of coming down to WITC for just a day ride in the GayzR, but based on all the rain we got over in Rockvale most of the day Saturday, I am glad we didn't attempt it.

May try to join next time around though.
It wasn't all that muddy but we did get rained out about 5pm so we loaded up and left. But definitely next time come join us for sure.