Hardline Crawlers
June 16, 2019, 12:26:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 229  (Read 2707 times)
jeeptj99

« on: October 07, 2018, 10:21:17 AM »

Anyone see that crazy shit? Khabib jumping the fence into the crowd/Mcgregor’s corner insane. Wonder how long he will be suspended.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
smbroady82
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 01:17:00 PM »

Anyone see that crazy shit? Khabib jumping the fence into the crowd/Mcgregor’s corner insane. Wonder how long he will be suspended.

I didn't see it but I heard they are probably going to take his belt for that. Can't say I blame them.  Dunno

I live my life in Turf Mode
-Brodirt

Double Low Hero
Sammy Buggy - 385ci/auto/atlas/Reds
WOD hill killer
Rzr 1000 Buggy

www.davesoffroadsupply.com
www.wideopendesign.com
check out Hale Mountain
Zjman

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 02:42:19 PM »

UFC has turned into wwe   I’d say that shit was planned, don’t see why they would do anything to khabib when mcgregor threw a bench through a window on a bus and he still gets to fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
muddinmetal

Guntersville, AL

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »

UFC has turned into wwe   I’d say that shit was planned, don’t see why they would do anything to khabib when mcgregor threw a bench through a window on a bus and he still gets to fight.

Yep, WWUFC

DD- Locked straight axled Lexus on 37s
Trail Rig- 1993 XJ, 60s, Chromos, On Reds, Sumbitch is pink!
TBItoy

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 06:12:18 PM »

yep, gotta get people talking about it, make it go "viral"...

virtually everything that garners media attention is encompassed with drama and conflict, so sometimes you have to create a bit to get people to look your way.

case in point: I would have not even known about the UFC fight had it not been posted about on here...and the only reason it was posted about was the "crazy shit", not the actual fight itself.

Nick Cooper - Dodson Branch, TN

Contact  -   EAT.SLEEP.WHEEL@GMAIL.COM
P
Custom as Hell
Administrator

If its free, its P

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 04:42:56 AM »

I saw snippets of it.  Lots of dumbassery, more insanely wealthy athletes acting like children. Just what society needs.  popcorn

" If a guy hasnt got any gamble in him, he isnt worth a crap"
Evel Knievel

OG Hardline Custom/ Hardline Crawler
#TaketheHardline
CHASMAN9
Just in town for supplies...
Hardline Crawler

Hardline OG Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 05:06:25 AM »

I don't believe it was planned because if you watch the video, some guy in red shirt jumps into the ring from the crowd and hits one of the fighters with a haymaker from behind.  SHIT got real, real quick.  Then ShishKabib goes on an interview and whines about McGregor talking about his Momma, Daddy, his country, his dog, his pet Iguana, his pot bellied pig and pet rock.  Waaaahhh, you got paid millions and won, now win like a winner.  (sorry, my social tourettes kicked in)   Stir pot

ADMINISTRATOR 

Gregg Cary
Chelsea, Al
"Heart Attack Buggy"
Many thanks to my sponsors;
Dewey, Cheat em, and Howe
#barkequalstraction

Sosebee's off-road and Performance
RCV Performance Axles- Strongest axles on the Planet-www.rcvperformance.com
Jays Hydrographics- www.jayshydrographics.com
Team Yukon
The Luke

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 06:08:55 AM »

Yea, but did you pay attention to the guy in the red shirt? Dude is clearly a fighter. He scaled that cage like it was nothing and then didn’t hesitate to punch mcgregor in the head like 2-3 times then squared up with him.

I think it was 100% staged to get ratings up
CHASMAN9
Just in town for supplies...
Hardline Crawler

Hardline OG Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 06:16:06 AM »

Yea, but did you pay attention to the guy in the red shirt? Dude is clearly a fighter. He scaled that cage like it was nothing and then didn’t hesitate to punch mcgregor in the head like 2-3 times then squared up with him.

I did, McGregor never saw it coming.  HE was like a Spider monkey all jacked up on Mt Dew.   ROLF

ADMINISTRATOR

Gregg Cary
Chelsea, Al
"Heart Attack Buggy"
Many thanks to my sponsors;
Dewey, Cheat em, and Howe
#barkequalstraction

Sosebee's off-road and Performance
RCV Performance Axles- Strongest axles on the Planet-www.rcvperformance.com
Jays Hydrographics- www.jayshydrographics.com
Team Yukon
jeeptj99

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 07:07:45 AM »

I dont think this one was staged. They already had the PPV, it was the last fight, how would it get the ratings up?

I don't believe it was planned because if you watch the video, some guy in red shirt jumps into the ring from the crowd and hits one of the fighters with a haymaker from behind.  SHIT got real, real quick.  Then ShishKabib goes on an interview and whines about McGregor talking about his Momma, Daddy, his country, his dog, his pet Iguana, his pot bellied pig and pet rock.  Waaaahhh, you got paid millions and won, now win like a winner.  (sorry, my social tourettes kicked in)   Stir pot

ADMINISTRATOR 

Dude won, in an impressive fashion, after the fight flick the guys in McGregors corner off, stand in the ring get your belt talk some shit about you shutting him up, go home with your fat check. Now he's not getting paid pending what the NAC comes up with. Dumbass move.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
sleepsontoilet

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 07:23:02 AM »

Only noteworthy highlight was the Lewis interview.

Ronald M

JHF/Goatbuilt
P
Custom as Hell
Administrator

If its free, its P

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 07:26:30 AM »

Only noteworthy highlight was the Lewis interview.

That shit is hilarious  shit

Evel Knievel

#TaketheHardline
jeeptj99

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 07:50:23 AM »

My balls waas hot  ROLF ROLF ROLF ROLF

Travis
Little tires, big heart

P
Custom as Hell
Administrator

If its free, its P

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »

Trump called me and told me to knock this Russian mfer out  Laughing

Maybe in a few weeks I can come on your show and smoke weed with you
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 07:51:53 AM by P » Logged

Evel Knievel

#TaketheHardline
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2018, 02:20:17 PM »

I've watched all the press conferences, interviews, weigh ins, etc surrounding the Khabib / McGregor fight, I feel there is 0% chance any of the post-fight drama was staged. Khabib and McGregor has some real street beef type stuff going. Khabib got his Muslim feelings hurt when Conor touched on his religion, nationality, family, etc in his trash talking. McGregor definitely got in his head, but it unleashed the beast within and Khabib put an ass-whooping on the Irish showman. I enjoyed watching him get dominated.  shit
98TJ

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 04:19:38 PM »

I was a big mma and Connor McGregor fan.  But this is total made up bullshit.  No difference than when I used to watch Jackie Fargo and tojo yamamoto go at it back in the 60's
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:20:38 PM by 98TJ » Logged
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 05:09:36 PM »

What exactly do you think is made up about it?
kmcminn
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 06:00:24 PM »

Where have you been hiding.

About time
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2018, 06:05:30 PM »

Sasquatch hides, I don't.
98TJ

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »

Between these two, all of it.  Both inside the ring and out.  Big money fucks up everything......NFL, NASCAR, etc.  McGregor is making more money loosing fights than he did winning them.  Now they can have the "rematch", then they will have the "tie-breaker" match and all the pay-per-view dumbasses will line up to hand them another $80.  With these two, its all about the money and its all planned out and 100% fake.  Lou Albano would be proud.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 01:20:11 PM by 98TJ » Logged
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 04:15:32 PM »

Meh, the boxing match with Mayweather was likely rigged, but I highly doubt anything in the UFC has been rigged yet. All the showmanship Conor is doing has been going on for a lot longer than this fight. Guess the fights between him and Nate Diaz was all fake too? Nah, Diaz is a tough mf'r, Conor gasses early and gave up his back just like he did to Khabib, and Diaz capitalized on it. Anytime Conor makes it past 2nd round without getting a KO, he's gets tired and can't defend himself, all his fights have been like that. This ain't like watching Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Hogan, and the boys getting all coked up and play-fighting. Conor got in a lot of trouble over the bus window smashing and it costed him millions. Khabib's $2M purse for winning the fight is being held by the Nevada Athletic Commision currently. This is all shit that has reaped real legal repurcussions. I could be blind as a bat to it, but I highly doubt any of it is fake. Over-dramatized, and built up to boost pay per view purchases and ratings, yes.....but rigged or fake? Nah. There's a 30 minute interview with Dana White on Youtube about all this, watch it. I believe he has let it get out of control a bit from a marketing standpoint, but not to the point where they are getting in legal trouble and rigging fights.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:25:09 PM by TacomaJD » Logged
zukimaster

Hold my beer and watch this!

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »

Ric Flair for the win

Tin Top Sammy under construction, Chad, Ft. Payne AL
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 04:25:27 PM »

Ric Flair for the win

Who?

WHOOOOOOOOO!
98TJ

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 04:42:59 PM »

Were they punching each other in the head, well yeh, that's what they do.  Did they both know who would "win" the "fight" before they got in the octagon, well yeh, that's what they did.  Money drives the train and McGregor is all about the money.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 05:09:26 PM »

Any evidence?

Wouldn't he had made more money if he won? Then on to the next BIG McGregor fight? But instead he threw the fight with hopes of getting another paycheck via rematch? Then that logic could be applied to literally every match/rematch in UFC history.

Yes, he definitely is all about the money, but throwing a fight? Nah.

Watching Khabib's "I told you so" rage right after Conor tapped and he got up, with Herb Dean having to keep him off Conor, then going on his rampage into the crowd, none of that says fake to me. Seems pretty evident that he has an absolute hatred for Conor and his people over all the shit that went down before the fight.

Just like Luke's comment (below) about the guy that jumped in being a fighter. You mean a UFC fighter has friends in his entourage that are also fighters? No way! He scaled the fence and punched Conor in the back of the head, so Conor squared up to defend himself and the other guy squared up to continue his attack before they both were pulled apart. I'm sure Conor's entourage has some fighters in it as well. Literally this is two rival entourages that hate each other to the max, that made for a good show. Nothing more. In my opinion.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: