Hardline Crawlers
June 16, 2019, 12:02:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Check out the Calendar for all upcoming rides and competitions.

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 229  (Read 2691 times)
kmcminn
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 05:24:30 PM »

The fight was entertaining but I'm done betting on McGregor.

About time
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 06:37:11 PM »

The fight was entertaining but I'm done betting on McGregor.

Do you think it was fake or he got his ass legitimately whipped?

I think he's lost his edge, largely because of his success. He's got a hell of a story coming from the bottom, broke as shit, to training hard, staying focused/motivated, and making a huge name for himself by being a great fighter. No denying that he is/was a phenom. But, he's already made it, said it himself. Before the Khabib fight, he said he's already set for life, he doesn't need more money, he's there for the love of the sport. Of course I know that should be taken with a grain of salt, but I still don't think he's the kind that would agree to throw a UFC fight. I could see him agreeing to losing the mayweather fight, because it was out of his element and he had every reason in the world to not win that one, nobody would fault him for a loss there....plus I'm sure nobody including Floyd wanted Floyds record to be tarnished by some guy from the UFC at his own game. However, UFC is Conor's home turf so to speak. He's a prideful son of a bitch. It's clear he doesn't like losing and I can't see him talking all that shit like he means it pre-fight, then going in there and letting Khabib dominate him in an MMA match. I just don't think him as a man would do that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:39:06 PM by TacomaJD » Logged
98TJ

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 06:56:38 PM »

All hype to build up the next gate.  It all about the money.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »

Hype and fake are two very different things. It can be all about the money and hyped to hell and back, and still be a legitimate fight. Which is what I believe is going on.
kmcminn
Easyline Crawler

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2018, 07:32:15 PM »

Do you think it was fake or he got his ass legitimately whipped?

I think he's lost his edge, largely because of his success. He's got a hell of a story coming from the bottom, broke as shit, to training hard, staying focused/motivated, and making a huge name for himself by being a great fighter. No denying that he is/was a phenom. But, he's already made it, said it himself. Before the Khabib fight, he said he's already set for life, he doesn't need more money, he's there for the love of the sport. Of course I know that should be taken with a grain of salt, but I still don't think he's the kind that would agree to throw a UFC fight. I could see him agreeing to losing the mayweather fight, because it was out of his element and he had every reason in the world to not win that one, nobody would fault him for a loss there....plus I'm sure nobody including Floyd wanted Floyds record to be tarnished by some guy from the UFC at his own game. However, UFC is Conor's home turf so to speak. He's a prideful son of a bitch. It's clear he doesn't like losing and I can't see him talking all that shit like he means it pre-fight, then going in there and letting Khabib dominate him in an MMA match. I just don't think him as a man would do that.

I hate to see him get beat. It's like having dog you like then a stray comes up and eats its ass up. Almost feel sorry for him.

About time
The Luke

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 03:07:47 AM »

I don’t think the winner or loser of the fight itself is fake.

I think the dude jumping the fence and going into the crowd and then fans jumping into the octagon and sucker punching professional fighters in the back of the head and somehow no law suits or jail time has happened is incredibly staged.

You can bet your ass if a professional fighter jumped out of the ring and swung on me, I’d own the ufc. People get charges filed against them for streaking at soccer games. I could win that one no matter how much crap I talked during/before/after the fight.
jeeptj99

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 06:12:38 AM »

McGregor didnt press charges, they arrested the 3 dudes that jumped him but he refused to press charges. They were going to get an assault charge. And the law suits are coming just wait. Takes a couple days for the lawyers to get all their shit in a row plus i'm sure the UFC would try to settle and keep that out of the media. Saw somewhere yesterday that McGregor is under investigation now from the Nevada Athletic Commission too.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
98TJ

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 07:14:06 AM »

Totally fake.  Just a replay of Spinks-Ali.  The bus "attack" was the hype for fight 1.  The "after fight" was the hype for fight 2.  I can only imagine what hype will be dreamed up by Dana and McGregor for fight 3....the tie breaker. It all about the money.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN BOYS AND DON'T FORGET YOUR WALLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:14:40 AM by 98TJ » Logged
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 08:20:28 AM »

McGregor didnt press charges, they arrested the 3 dudes that jumped him but he refused to press charges. They were going to get an assault charge. And the law suits are coming just wait. Takes a couple days for the lawyers to get all their shit in a row plus i'm sure the UFC would try to settle and keep that out of the media. Saw somewhere yesterday that McGregor is under investigation now from the Nevada Athletic Commission too.
I think you may have saw what I saw, which was a misleadingly titled article for click bait. Says he was put on a 1ish month medical suspension due to his health after the fight, meaning he got the fuck beat out of him. Happens to every fighter that totes an ass whipping.

And yes, 3 were arrested and Conor did not want to press charges, because that's not how he fights.

And Luke, you wouldn't own shit because #1 you (just like the rest of us) couldn't have afforded a ringside seat at a main event in vegas. The people in the crowd that were affected weren't some sue happy broke fuck boys. Also, Daniel Cormier and Luke Rockhold helped contain it and get him back in the ring. BUT, I'm sure there are plenty suits that will be filed for various reasons from several different people.

Just like Conor was jailed, charged with severalcounts of assault, and dealt with multiple law suits that cost him out the ass too. Refer back to my statement about these guys are doing an awful lot that has real legal repercussions, unlike WWE/WCW that y'all are comparing this to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 08:22:08 AM »

There was also more security, including vegas metro police at that fight, than any other ufc fight in history, because the hatred and volatility was well known going into this fight.

TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »

Also, if I recall correctly, the bus attack resulted in one of the fighters getting injured and was not able to fight in the fight that was just days after the incident. Still fake? Nah, I think yer tinfoil hat is on too tight. Lol

TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2018, 08:54:04 AM »

Also, when shit broke out after the fight, the cameras streaming on pay per view zoomed out away from it so you could hardly tell what was going on bc they knew that shit was going south. Don't you think if it was staged they'd want to zoom in and promote the juicy part?

Zjman

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2018, 08:54:42 AM »

This is jd I think lol
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1gP9IW2v8aw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Luke

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2018, 10:05:15 AM »

You don’t do well when people have opinions that differ from your own, do you?

Jd, I’ll just stick to believing it’s fake and that they were counting on social media doing its own thing and creating its own trending storm that it already has. Let the interweb speculation slanging continue!
jeeptj99

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2018, 10:06:48 AM »

I watched Dana give the post fight press conference and according to him he made both camps sign things saying who was allowed in the ring after the fight, how things would go after the fight, and JD's right, they had more police and security there than they ever did. One of the guys one the bus had to get like 30 or 40 stitches and didnt get to fight, not sure how you can fake that. I figured he would be put on some sort of medical suspension thing due to how bad he was beat in that fight. Anyone that gets KO'ed in a fight is a automatic 90 days if I remember correctly from when Anderson Silva got knocked out by Chris Weidman (why there wasnt an immediate rubber match in a month)

Travis
Little tires, big heart

I feel the tires perform best at what can best be described as the jiggle equivalent to that of a middle aged mother of two's ass. Just right.  Cougar
98TJ

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2018, 12:05:23 PM »

Also, when shit broke out after the fight, the cameras streaming on pay per view zoomed out away from it so you could hardly tell what was going on bc they knew that shit was going south. Don't you think if it was staged they'd want to zoom in and promote the juicy part?

I said it was fake.  I didn't say they were idiots.  So not having several cameras prestaged in the crowd is all it takes to convince you its real?

Man, you have 14,000 posts, that's way over a man-year worth of web surfin right there.  You must be a student or something?
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2018, 12:14:50 PM »

You don’t do well when people have opinions that differ from your own, do you?

Jd, I’ll just stick to believing it’s fake and that they were counting on social media doing its own thing and creating its own trending storm that it already has. Let the interweb speculation slanging continue!

I think the dude jumping the fence and going into the crowd and then fans jumping into the octagon and sucker punching professional fighters in the back of the head and somehow no law suits or jail time has happened is incredibly staged.

I just argue points made on false information.

*Fans jumping into octagon punching professional fighters - false, wasn't fans, it was members of each fighter's entourage.

*Nobody was jailed - false, 3 people were jailed.

*No lawsuits have happened - it's only been a couple days post-fight, give it time.

You can believe what you want, I can believe what I want. I am arguing the way I see things and providing facts surrounding the issue. Don't see anyone else doing that....BUT ITS FAKE! 100% SURE ITS FAKE!

I said it was fake.  I didn't say they were idiots.  So not having several cameras prestaged in the crowd is all it takes to convince you its real?

Man, you have 14,000 posts, that's way over a man-year worth of web surfin right there.  You must be a student or something?

Resorting to personal attacks now? Ha, nice try.  Flip Off
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 12:15:25 PM by TacomaJD » Logged
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2018, 12:27:57 PM »

Also saw where Derick Lewis is set to fight Daniel Cormier Nov 3rd in UFC 230. Derick's post fight interview was damn hilarious, he's awesome. He said he "needed to do some cardio and wasn't trying to fight for no title with a gas tank like that", but I'd imagine the money was too good to pass up, now he's fighting for the title in less than a month. Probably gonna be fake too. I personally don't think he has a chance against Cormier.
jeeptj99

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 12:38:46 PM »

Don't see anyone else doing that....BUT ITS FAKE! 100% SURE ITS FAKE!

Hey I was providing points, you big bully. And yeah that post fight was hilarious. "Why'd you take your pants off" "My balls was hot"  ROLF  I dont think he can take DC either. DC Is good. I'm not a fan but he's a great fighter.

Travis
Little tires, big heart

TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 12:45:25 PM »

Hey I was providing points, you big bully. And yeah that post fight was hilarious. "Why'd you take your pants off" "My balls was hot"  ROLF  I dont think he can take DC either. DC Is good. I'm not a fan but he's a great fighter.

I meant in opposition. I would argue this same way in person with no personal feelings meant to be hurt, and you'd know it by my tone. Which is what is lacking on interwebs debates. I like a good debate, I just try to present my case as best as I can with facts to back it up.

I like Cormier okay, but he's far from a favorite. Glad Jon Jones got stripped of the title win against him, I just can't like him at all for some reason. He's a helluva fighter, I just don't like him. I was hoping Anthony Rumble Johnson would kick Cormier's ass this last time, but he lost and then retired right after the fight. More power to him to pursue whatever it was he was pursuing, but I think with the right camp, Rumble Johnson had some major potential. He just seemed like he was still green.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 01:16:54 PM by TacomaJD » Logged
jeeptj99

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2018, 01:21:23 PM »

I meant in opposition. I would argue this same way in person with no personal feelings meant to be hurt, and you'd know it by my tone. Which is what is lacking on interwebs debates. I like a good debate, I just try to present my case as best as I can with facts to back it up.

I like Cormier okay, but he's far from a favorite. Glad Jon Jones got stripped of the title win against him, I just can't like him at all for some reason. He's a helluva fighter, I just don't like him. I was hoping Anthony Rumble Johnson would kick Cormier's ass this last time, but he lost and then retired right after the fight. More power to him to pursue whatever it was he was pursuing, but I think with the right camp, Rumble Johnson had some major potential. He just seemed like he was still green.

Whats crazy is I remember Rumble fighting at like 170. That dude is a beast. I like Jones, I know most can't stand him but I like him. If he had stayed focused and not been fucking retard could you imagine what he would have become? Kinda like BJ penn back in the day. Going out the night before and partying all night then fighting hung over and still beating the shit out mofo's

Travis
Little tires, big heart

98TJ

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2018, 01:45:12 PM »

Resorting to personal attacks now? Ha, nice try.  Flip Off

No attack, I wish I had time to make 14,000 posts.  That has to be the high bar on this forum.  Retired?
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2018, 02:16:59 PM »

I'm good at multi-tasking and get paid well to sit in front of a computer most the night at work. And yes, I am also a student. I stay busy as shit outside of work and school too.
98TJ

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »

Hang in there.  Took me 9 years working full time and going to UAH at night to get a BS.  Definitely worth it in the long run and I'm glad I stuck with it.
TacomaJD
Easyline Crawler

I LIKE CHEAP STUFF.....

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2018, 05:03:50 PM »

Hang in there.  Took me 9 years working full time and going to UAH at night to get a BS.  Definitely worth it in the long run and I'm glad I stuck with it.

What major?

I'll be finished with my AS in Business Management in December. Was planning on finishing at Athens State, but work isn't looking too awesome so I've been job hunting now. I'm pretty confident with my work pedigree and a 2 year degree, I can get my foot in the door somewhere else. Been looking at a couple different aerospace/military companies in Hunstville.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: