• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

UFC 229

Meh, the boxing match with Mayweather was likely rigged, but I highly doubt anything in the UFC has been rigged yet. All the showmanship Conor is doing has been going on for a lot longer than this fight. Guess the fights between him and Nate Diaz was all fake too? Nah, Diaz is a tough mf'r, Conor gasses early and gave up his back just like he did to Khabib, and Diaz capitalized on it. Anytime Conor makes it past 2nd round without getting a KO, he's gets tired and can't defend himself, all his fights have been like that. This ain't like watching Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Hogan, and the boys getting all coked up and play-fighting. Conor got in a lot of trouble over the bus window smashing and it costed him millions. Khabib's $2M purse for winning the fight is being held by the Nevada Athletic Commision currently. This is all **** that has reaped real legal repurcussions. I could be blind as a bat to it, but I highly doubt any of it is fake. Over-dramatized, and built up to boost pay per view purchases and ratings, yes.....but rigged or fake? Nah. There's a 30 minute interview with Dana White on Youtube about all this, watch it. I believe he has let it get out of control a bit from a marketing standpoint, but not to the point where they are getting in legal trouble and rigging fights.

Were they punching each other in the head, well yeh, that's what they do. Did they both know who would "win" the "fight" before they got in the octagon, well yeh, that's what they did. Money drives the train and McGregor is all about the money.

Any evidence?

Wouldn't he had made more money if he won? Then on to the next BIG McGregor fight? But instead he threw the fight with hopes of getting another paycheck via rematch? Then that logic could be applied to literally every match/rematch in UFC history.

Yes, he definitely is all about the money, but throwing a fight? Nah.

Watching Khabib's "I told you so" rage right after Conor tapped and he got up, with Herb Dean having to keep him off Conor, then going on his rampage into the crowd, none of that says fake to me. Seems pretty evident that he has an absolute hatred for Conor and his people over all the **** that went down before the fight.

Just like Luke's comment (below) about the guy that jumped in being a fighter. You mean a UFC fighter has friends in his entourage that are also fighters? No way! He scaled the fence and punched Conor in the back of the head, so Conor squared up to defend himself and the other guy squared up to continue his attack before they both were pulled apart. I'm sure Conor's entourage has some fighters in it as well. Literally this is two rival entourages that hate each other to the max, that made for a good show. Nothing more. In my opinion.

The Luke said:
Yea, but did you pay attention to the guy in the red shirt? Dude is clearly a fighter. He scaled that cage like it was nothing and then didn't hesitate to punch mcgregor in the head like 2-3 times then squared up with him.

I think it was 100% staged to get ratings up

kmcminn said:
The fight was entertaining but I'm done betting on McGregor.

Do you think it was fake or he got his ass legitimately whipped?

I think he's lost his edge, largely because of his success. He's got a hell of a story coming from the bottom, broke as ****, to training hard, staying focused/motivated, and making a huge name for himself by being a great fighter. No denying that he is/was a phenom. But, he's already made it, said it himself. Before the Khabib fight, he said he's already set for life, he doesn't need more money, he's there for the love of the sport. Of course I know that should be taken with a grain of salt, but I still don't think he's the kind that would agree to throw a UFC fight. I could see him agreeing to losing the mayweather fight, because it was out of his element and he had every reason in the world to not win that one, nobody would fault him for a loss there....plus I'm sure nobody including Floyd wanted Floyds record to be tarnished by some guy from the UFC at his own game. However, UFC is Conor's home turf so to speak. He's a prideful son of a bitch. It's clear he doesn't like losing and I can't see him talking all that **** like he means it pre-fight, then going in there and letting Khabib dominate him in an MMA match. I just don't think him as a man would do that.

Hype and fake are two very different things. It can be all about the money and hyped to hell and back, and still be a legitimate fight. Which is what I believe is going on.

TacomaJD said:
Do you think it was fake or he got his ass legitimately whipped?

I think he's lost his edge, largely because of his success. He's got a hell of a story coming from the bottom, broke as ****, to training hard, staying focused/motivated, and making a huge name for himself by being a great fighter. No denying that he is/was a phenom. But, he's already made it, said it himself. Before the Khabib fight, he said he's already set for life, he doesn't need more money, he's there for the love of the sport. Of course I know that should be taken with a grain of salt, but I still don't think he's the kind that would agree to throw a UFC fight. I could see him agreeing to losing the mayweather fight, because it was out of his element and he had every reason in the world to not win that one, nobody would fault him for a loss there....plus I'm sure nobody including Floyd wanted Floyds record to be tarnished by some guy from the UFC at his own game. However, UFC is Conor's home turf so to speak. He's a prideful son of a bitch. It's clear he doesn't like losing and I can't see him talking all that **** like he means it pre-fight, then going in there and letting Khabib dominate him in an MMA match. I just don't think him as a man would do that.

I hate to see him get beat. It's like having dog you like then a stray comes up and eats its ass up. Almost feel sorry for him.

I don't think the winner or loser of the fight itself is fake.

I think the dude jumping the fence and going into the crowd and then fans jumping into the octagon and sucker punching professional fighters in the back of the head and somehow no law suits or jail time has happened is incredibly staged.

You can bet your ass if a professional fighter jumped out of the ring and swung on me, I'd own the ufc. People get charges filed against them for streaking at soccer games. I could win that one no matter how much crap I talked during/before/after the fight.

McGregor didnt press charges, they arrested the 3 dudes that jumped him but he refused to press charges. They were going to get an assault charge. And the law suits are coming just wait. Takes a couple days for the lawyers to get all their **** in a row plus i'm sure the UFC would try to settle and keep that out of the media. Saw somewhere yesterday that McGregor is under investigation now from the Nevada Athletic Commission too.

Totally fake. Just a replay of Spinks-Ali. The bus "attack" was the hype for fight 1. The "after fight" was the hype for fight 2. I can only imagine what hype will be dreamed up by Dana and McGregor for fight 3....the tie breaker. It all about the money.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN BOYS AND DON'T FORGET YOUR WALLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Re: Re: UFC 229

jeeptj99 said:
McGregor didnt press charges, they arrested the 3 dudes that jumped him but he refused to press charges. They were going to get an assault charge. And the law suits are coming just wait. Takes a couple days for the lawyers to get all their **** in a row plus i'm sure the UFC would try to settle and keep that out of the media. Saw somewhere yesterday that McGregor is under investigation now from the Nevada Athletic Commission too.
I think you may have saw what I saw, which was a misleadingly titled article for click bait. Says he was put on a 1ish month medical suspension due to his health after the fight, meaning he got the **** beat out of him. Happens to every fighter that totes an ass whipping.

And yes, 3 were arrested and Conor did not want to press charges, because that's not how he fights.

And Luke, you wouldn't own **** because #1 you (just like the rest of us) couldn't have afforded a ringside seat at a main event in vegas. The people in the crowd that were affected weren't some sue happy broke **** boys. Also, Daniel Cormier and Luke Rockhold helped contain it and get him back in the ring. BUT, I'm sure there are plenty suits that will be filed for various reasons from several different people.

Just like Conor was jailed, charged with severalcounts of assault, and dealt with multiple law suits that cost him out the ass too. Refer back to my statement about these guys are doing an awful lot that has real legal repercussions, unlike WWE/WCW that y'all are comparing this to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re:

There was also more security, including vegas metro police at that fight, than any other ufc fight in history, because the hatred and volatility was well known going into this fight.

Re:

Also, if I recall correctly, the bus attack resulted in one of the fighters getting injured and was not able to fight in the fight that was just days after the incident. Still fake? Nah, I think yer tinfoil hat is on too tight. Lol

Re:

Also, when **** broke out after the fight, the cameras streaming on pay per view zoomed out away from it so you could hardly tell what was going on bc they knew that **** was going south. Don't you think if it was staged they'd want to zoom in and promote the juicy part?

This is jd I think lol
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1gP9IW2v8aw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You don't do well when people have opinions that differ from your own, do you?

Jd, I'll just stick to believing it's fake and that they were counting on social media doing its own thing and creating its own trending storm that it already has. Let the interweb speculation slanging continue!

I watched Dana give the post fight press conference and according to him he made both camps sign things saying who was allowed in the ring after the fight, how things would go after the fight, and JD's right, they had more police and security there than they ever did. One of the guys one the bus had to get like 30 or 40 stitches and didnt get to fight, not sure how you can fake that. I figured he would be put on some sort of medical suspension thing due to how bad he was beat in that fight. Anyone that gets KO'ed in a fight is a automatic 90 days if I remember correctly from when Anderson Silva got knocked out by Chris Weidman (why there wasnt an immediate rubber match in a month)

Latest posts