• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22r auto trans swap

orv design and fab

Swapping my 22r turbo buggy over to auto trans a340f and bought a a340h that someone pulled out, I am using the flexplate, bellhousing, but I am seeing that a spacer is needed, also I didn't get a dustshield with it as well. Does anyone have experience and know where I could get spacer and dustshield. This is holding me up on getting to the trail! I have went on Facebook and made multiple ads, asked other places

Screw the dust shield never ran one on my setup. The spacer behind the flexplate you will have to find used from someone. I ended up just making my own. Dont remember off hand the thickness. think i assembled everything then measured difference between convertor and flex plate and took roughly 1/8"-1/16" off that. Best thing is to find complete auto takeout with convertor spacers and all.

So I had a reply last night and a guy and his buddy had one and measured it at .235" and said that he made his own with. 250" plate and never had a problem. So I'm gonna fab one up.... we shall see. Man if I don't have a dust shield it'll be so thick in the bellhousing. The Toyota dealer said there wasn't one on the factory bellhousing, but that doesn't seem right to me.... we shall see

After thinking about it i used the factory dust shield thats bolted to the block. But had to put a hole in it to access the convertor bolts. Just looked through my phone and didnt see any pics.

Latest posts