• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Realistic cost to convert YJ Juggy to skinnable buggy

If you have Stickies and Coilovers you don't even need visibility. You go ORIs you'll be floating on a cloud of titties and won't even give a **** :****:

:flipoff1:

POR said:
Why do you guys hate that guy so much? Lol.. if its the same guy i met at koh years ago, he was cordual and seemed like a nice guy.

You havent been around long have you? He's just a douche.

I don't know why everyone is looking for buggys for Tony B. :dunno:He is lust going to sell his Juggy and get a Razor and join the Razor crown and make fun of us jeep people. :rolf:

There are a billion different ways to get what you want. How you choose to get there is the million dollar question. If you like what you have it can be modified to get alot of the upgrades/qualities your looking for in a rig.

A new chassis is lighter and can be better visability, but from experience parts dont always swap right over to the chassis without incurring even more expense.

There are some ways to lighten up and get much better visability and you keep the jeep. You are already confident in your big parts inthe current jeep, and you know exactly what you have. Cut the tub off at front of door opening, tube out back, new cage with windsheild bar below the top of cowl. Dosent sound like a lot but it suprising how much better it can make the rig.

rocfun said:
There are a billion different ways to get what you want. How you choose to get there is the million dollar question. If you like what you have it can be modified to get alot of the upgrades/qualities your looking for in a rig.

A new chassis is lighter and can be better visability, but from experience parts dont always swap right over to the chassis without incurring even more expense.

There are some ways to lighten up and get much better visability and you keep the jeep. You are already confident in your big parts inthe current jeep, and you know exactly what you have. Cut the tub off at front of door opening, tube out back, new cage with windsheild bar below the top of cowl. Dosent sound like a lot but it suprising how much better it can make the rig.

Bingo. When I build another Jeep that is what i will do. Find a jeep someone is ready to sell and have someone redo to my specs.

You could do a weight reduction and general make over for a few thousand bucks, add another couple thousand if you decide to change up the suspension. To move your drivetrain to a full blown chassis with sheet metal to look "like" a Jeep you're realistically starting at $20k and going up from there. I've been in your boat and gone down the exact road you are considering. Hindsight 20/20 I wish I had kept the Jeep and upgraded the things I didn't like about it.

You also have to consider resale if you got in a bind and needed to sell it. Will a Juggy draw as much as a quality chassis with good parts? Regardless how clean you do it, to most it's just an old Jeep. Whereas a "WOD/JHF/Jimmys/M&M Chassis" tends to draw a lot more with the same parts. They also tend to be easier to do maintenance on as well vs a Juggy.

I think this is all a distraction. TonyB probably already paid cash to get all the builders together to build him the baddest muh'fukin ride there is.

jeeptj99 said:
I think this is all a distraction. TonyB probably already paid cash to get all the builders together to build him the baddest muh'fukin ride there is.
This thumb.gif

If I had TonyB money Coleworx would be dropping a new badass build :woot: I'd just drop my Mustang off,and have them use that turds engine and grille to build my bouncer :flipoff1:

P said:
If I had TonyB money Coleworx would be dropping a new badass build :woot: I'd just drop my Mustang off,and have them use that turds engine and grille to build my bouncer :flipoff1:

Crawlmero but more blingy

Maybe it's just me but I always thought I had good visibility in my Jeep because the seat sat up straighter and higher than most buggy's. It's like riding in a truck vs a sports car to me. The buggy's I've rode in seemed to have seats that lower and more kicked back in the chassis.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk