• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Realistic cost to convert YJ Juggy to skinnable buggy

Just going to cut out current bumpstops on front, shim the motor/trans mounts up a tad...do some shock mount relocating.

Would I like it to be better looking? Yes
Would I feel bad about ****ing it up if it looked NICE? Yes
Can I justify 2+grand for shocks / tube work / time-labor to go coilovers? No
Does it ride like a Cadillac now? Yes

Rig goes everywhere I want it to go. Hard to justify throwing money at it and possible longterm downtime.

tonybolton said:
Just going to cut out current bumpstops on front, shim the motor/trans mounts up a tad...do some shock mount relocating.

Rig goes everywhere I want it to go. Hard to justify throwing money at it and possible longterm downtime.

Sounds like a good plan.

tonybolton said:

Dont be a baby back bitch....

Throw you some airbumps up front while you're in there. They'll make you feel like a Baja hero

And maybe get a less-awesome hood...

Shimming those motor mounts to fit that coyote in there huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tonybolton said:
I even budgeted the time frame down to WHEN to buy parts for best prices. Thanksgiving / Christmas discount codes were awesome back then. Not the bullshit of FREE SHIPPING / 5% OFF(with purchase of 1000$ of ****) we have today.

Boy Howdy! I saved a lot of money on those sales some years back, now I see this 5% off bullshit... yeah, let me plan my evening shopping before that deal ends at midnight...Lol

DirtMonkey said:
Boy Howdy! I saved a lot of money on those sales some years back, now I see this 5% off bullshit... yeah, let me plan my evening shopping before that deal ends at midnight...Lol
That's the whole reason I could even remotely justify my ton swap. I saved hundreds by buying during Black Friday/Christmas sales or "used" parts that people bought and never installed or "used for mock-up"

Which I have always been intrigued by the incredible number of air shocks that were "only used for mock-up". I feel like 90# of for sale ads for shocks have that line in there.

The Luke said:
That's the whole reason I could even remotely justify my ton swap. I saved hundreds by buying during Black Friday/Christmas sales or "used" parts that people bought and never installed or "used for mock-up"

Which I have always been intrigued by the incredible number of air shocks that were "only used for mock-up". I feel like 90# of for sale ads for shocks have that line in there.

When you run em once, hate em and upgrade... That's mock up :flipoff1:

tonybolton said:
There are alota Instagram "models" that i'm sure have only been used for mock up as well. :)

I hired a midget to stand next to me and hold my junk for a naughty Christmas photo...never did get to bang her, so I get what you're sayin ;D

The Luke said:

Good thing I'm not, even remotely, trying to justify any of my offroad related purchases :rolf:

Latest posts