• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

$291K grant to Stony Lonesome

creepycrawly said:
Hoping for 8ish.

Sounds good. Dave text me this morning and we talked about it. I should be able to make it if we start that early. I'll have to head out around 11:30 though, my son has a soccer game.

We need to petition our next governor in Tennessee to grant some money to the lady that owns GMP to install management :****:

Markrobinson said:
We need to petition our next governor in Tennessee to grant some money to the lady that owns GMP to install management :****:
Ain't that the dang truth. My nearest park is 2 hrs from me at best now. I loved having one an hour away.

The Luke said:
Ain't that the dang truth. My nearest park is 2 hrs from me at best now. I loved having one an hour away.

Y'all ever been to Stony? Looks like it would be a good time.

Markrobinson said:

or just make it a state park/wildlifemanagment area

The model is already in place from Alabama with Stony.

TN does similar with the North Cumberland/Royal Blue WMA/OHV setup, except the state doesnt have any infrastructure or facilities in place, but private places like the "Trails End Campground" provide the developed access points.

hows the trail system? it's 10 hrs for me so I'd prefer some good trail riding as compared to just picking obstacles and hitting them

betteroffsingle said:
They come up off of the "no coolers on the trail" yet?

There is a park rule of no alcohol. Coolers are allowed in the park and on the trails. Coolers are checked a the trail head.

1tfrot said:
hows the trail system? it's 10 hrs for me so I'd prefer some good trail riding as compared to just picking obstacles and hitting them
There are main access roads into the park that will have traffic on them. I you can ride with someone who knows the park you can choose a route that avoids a most of the main rode. The trails are pretty good. Most are shaded with trees. The trails are level 1-2 stuff that leads you to obstacle stuff. The are few trails that are long enough to enjoy but nothing like outside the southeast with miles of trails.
The best part about this park is you can show up in a stock Jeep or up to a bouncer and find something to ride on to keep you happy.

Latest posts