• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Weird Kids

money_pit_yj

Seems like most kids nowadays sit around and play video games all day. It also seems like, compared to when I was a kid 25 years ago, there are a lot of different sports/activities for kids to do that were once considered weird or just not mainstream. My son plays baseball in the spring and is decent, but lacks the attention span to hang in for an entire game (Gets that from me) and has tried basketball and soccer which he hates. His two things that he excels at are mountain biking and wrestling. He is legitimately good at both and between the two, probably better at mountain biking. To me, both will make him a better adult because you dont have a team to rely on and your individual skills and efforts determine how good you will be at them, so I have no complaints. Both are a lot of fun for him and great activities, they are just not the most conventional sports/activities to be a part of at 9 years old. I know Duder's son plays hockey and there are a couple kids who race, so what other weird sports/activities do your kids do and how did you get involved in that?

If you can get him to stick with wrestling he will never quit anything in the future thats for sure. Wrestling practices were hell.

When i was a kid I was into farming, didnt really have a choice but i still enjoying messing with cattle.

jeeptj99 said:
If you can get him to stick with wrestling he will never quit anything in the future thats for sure. Wrestling practices were hell.

When i was a kid I was into farming, didnt really have a choice but i still enjoying messing with cattle.

Just when you think conditioning is over you have to do monkey in the middle or spins..... I just hope he is better than I was :rolf:

I didn't care for any sports at all growing up. Didn't and still don't enjoy anything too organized. I just wanted to ride my 4wheeler and go pond fishing and shoot guns. I wish my parents would have done more physical outdoor activities with me like hiking or mountain biking. I probably wouldn't have been as much of a fat kid.

money_pit_yj said:
Just when you think conditioning is over you have to do monkey in the middle or spins..... I just hope he is better than I was :rolf:

Our coach was a fan of crab walks and hand stands.... I think he just liked watching and laughing at my fat ass try to walk on my hands.

Maybe lacrosse? Cory plays and it's balls to the wall. Go go go all the time. He plays football too, and there's barely enough 8th graders to make a team, so he plays both sides of the ball. Could be the cure for his boredom. And I bet they have youth hockey in West Tn., even if you have to travel to Memphis it'll be worth it. Look into the Predators youth programs. You get all the gear for free, you just pay the season fee. RJ loooooooves playing, I'm sure mini-Dan would too.
3eba72063f203492b148a5652a6703f1.jpg
88f8445609c0262aec889d1502e315e1.jpg
2226387cc7f353145cd8422cda3bfd5e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My kid plays soccer, I don't know **** about soccer, last night at the dinner table she was doing multiplication tables, because multiplication tables are fun. She's super weird, but I'm stoked she's smart

race_jeep said:
My kid plays soccer, I don't know **** about soccer, last night at the dinner table she was doing multiplication tables, because multiplication tables are fun. She's super weird, but I'm stoked she's smart

RJ and Cory are like that. Advanced classes in everything. Thank God they're not dumbasses like their ol dad.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Maybe lacrosse? Cory plays and it's balls to the wall. Go go go all the time. He plays football too, and there's barely enough 8th graders to make a team, so he plays both sides of the ball. Could be the cure for his boredom. And I bet they have youth hockey in West Tn., even if you have to travel to Memphis it'll be worth it. Look into the Predators youth programs. You get all the gear for free, you just pay the season fee. RJ loooooooves playing, I'm sure mini-Dan would too.
3eba72063f203492b148a5652a6703f1.jpg
88f8445609c0262aec889d1502e315e1.jpg
2226387cc7f353145cd8422cda3bfd5e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

We have our hands full with wrestling and mountain biking. I was just wondering what other kids did different the normal stuff. Besides mine can not skate for the life of him.

money_pit_yj said:
We have our hands full with wrestling and mountain biking. I was just wondering what other kids did different the normal stuff. Besides mine can not skate for the life of him.

RJ spent 1 1/2 hours on his butt before he was able to stand without holding the wall. In fact, the entire first lesson was focused on falling and getting back up. And wrestling's strength, quick thinking, and agility would make him one hell of a hockey player.

5BrothersFabrication said:
RJ and Cory are like that. Advanced classes in everything. Thank God they're not dumbasses like their ol dad.

My wife sent a pic of her report card the other day, n it was 98, 99, 100, 102, n I was like yeah, she gets that from me ::)

race_jeep said:
My wife sent a pic of her report card the other day, n it was 98, 99, 100, 102, n I was like yeah, she gets that from me ::)

HaileyB same thing. Which is kinda funny because when she first started school she was always trying to hide and not do her homework. Got her in some good habits ( homework first thing everyday after school ) and she excelled all the way through HSand graduated early and with Honor Society etc

My oldest is super into barrel racing and painting. Watches Bob Ross, sings Christian music at the top of her lungs everywhere and paints. Drives the mule down to the bottom of our property every morning to read her devotional and is reading the Bible cover to cover this year.

Considering she could be sneaking out, getting into to trouble and bury her face in a smart phone, I'll take weird every day of the week.

She'll be 15 this year. WEIRD !!

Do your kids spend the night at other kids houses? I was discussing with my wife the other night about how my friends and I were always spending the night with each other growing up, but lily has never spent the night anywhere that wasn't family.

race_jeep said:
Do your kids spend the night at other kids houses? I was discussing with my wife the other night about how my friends and I were always spending the night with each other growing up, but lily has never spent the night anywhere that wasn't family.

Occasionally, but I gotta know the folks well. Some weird people out there.

Lots. I have quite a few friends with similar aged kids, and not because our kids are the same age for the most part, but because we produced crotch fruit at similar times. More often than with family. Also we have kids over to stay. Kid is 9 but this has been going on since he could wipe his own ass. Mason, as you know though, Paola is a better place than anywhere else, so it is still commonplace

Latest posts