• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

Ive got some Ouverson's being made because I hadn't seen anyone really confirm this working yet. I know the bell will come out but getting that boot off when it's all assembled and hub unbolted hasn't been confirmed on the interwebs to my knowledge. Theoretically didn't really cut it for me when you're talking 3500 custom axle shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm curious, I would like to see what a Spicer 1550 or a Rockwell 750n joint would look like in the 250/350 knuckles. Would they fit? Pretty sure the 1550 is a factory option so guessing there's no problem there. But what about the 750n? It's not all that much bigger.

1550:
4hmp49V.png

750n:
TOGPhYu.png
ok

1550 will fit as it was a factory shaft in 17+

Rockwell U-Joints should fit since Ouverson makes some shafts with their Violator joints for this axle.

Bebop said:
1550 will fit as it was a factory shaft in 17+

Rockwell U-Joints should fit since Ouverson makes some shafts with their Violator joints for this axle.

Yeah but again are they for the 350/450 or 450/550 knuckles? I see there being a similar issue with clearance with the lower balljoint. It will probably fit but then again we said the RCVs would probably fit and that took 6 pages.

Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

redneckengineered said:
Confirmed, they fit. I spoke to the guy with this build, he verified knuckles are 250/350. So, another option out there.

zHu9P3P.jpg

bvbe31o.jpg

uKhCzDE.jpg
Did he say if they fit through the knuckle, or did he have to put it on after the Shay's were in?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I believe there are pics of those shafts in 250/350 knuckles circa 2006 on Pirate (or used to be before the photobucket pump and dump etc).

The normally left as-forged outer surface on the inner shaft yokes had some machine work to clean up the OD so they would slide through the knuckle bore.

That's the shafts Randy is making me. With Violator joints. They should be getting heat treated this week. I'll try to take some pics when they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneckengineered said:
Yeah but again are they for the 350/450 or 450/550 knuckles? I see there being a similar issue with clearance with the lower balljoint. It will probably fit but then again we said the RCVs would probably fit and that took 6 pages.

Stock Ford 1550 in 08 F250 Knuckles

kYHfcD8h.jpg

Update !

I had a **** time with my front axle this weekend. Won't get into details but I basically have to start over everything.
That's a 13+ road trip for nothing. Still got to hang out with friends but it was definitely frustrating.

It was time to start thinking and getting a plan together. Quick.
So glad I can count on amazing guys to help me out ! The offroad family is definitely the best if there was any doubt !

There is a custom 14bolt front being built by Jake today, it's shipping this evening. He started working on it during his weekend. Best customer service ever !
Bought new spicer C's to work with the outer 05+ SD knuckles and the 3.5" OD of the tubing. (Spicer 2023561)
Have a new knuckle being machined for highsteer (huge thanks to D9marko for dropping one of his stock knuckles at the shop and saving me a 3h trip in 1ft of snow, man you rock !)
Artec truss with pinion tie-in is ordered too.

Positive point is that now I will have a 40sp 14 bolt which will make sense with the RCV BigBells.
Negative point is that whatever little money I had left is gone so the buggy has a more than limited chance to be completed in time for spring riding. I need to start selling **** I have to bring some money in.

Now I only hope I didn't **** up my measurements and everything will work as planned. Fingerz crossed.

Hey Bebop,

How have those Spicer 2023561 inner C's worked out for you?

Picking up two 05+ 60's tomorrow. My though is if i order those C's, i can rob the knuckles off the SD 60's without trashing the housings and sell the housings. Save me time and money in machine work too since those 2023561's have the correct bore for a 3.5" fabbed housing already.

Based on pictures, it looks like that "Ultimate" C is a little thinner in the upper portion vs. an actual SD60 inner C.

Thanks!

Hi,

They worked great, trashed on them for 3 years, clipped a tree recently, broke a bunch of **** and they didn't move.

Hi,

They worked great, trashed on them for 3 years, clipped a tree recently, broke a bunch of **** and they didn't move.

Hell yeah! Glad to hear, thanks for the response. Gonna go that route for sure!