• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailbouncer #09 Uncle Tito

Jduck

So Paul (mrdrinksalil) bugged the **** out of me for a while to build him a buggy, one weekend I had enough of his begging and crying and I finally gave in. Then we had to figure out what to do, he's been wheeling his cab truck since he was like 15 and while it had some good parts we decided to go a different route on the new one. We reused the transmission, rear shocks, seats, fuel cell and handful of other parts but everything else is new for the build. It's getting an L96 with a couple small upgrades, th400, atlas, superduty front with 10" gears, 40spline grizzly, new style 14 bolt rear, fox coil overs/bumps, 43stickies. Plan was to keep it as simple, easy to work on and realiable as possible.

The donor

9d4bc1a445d97011f2d739d069f48b4b.jpg

b71110edc8c0145c821e1d2e066995f9.jpg

42789e4dad80cc82b1b3e4311bdcc0d1.jpg

79f1d1405f17bf1e43cbcac7c8f842fe.jpg

c01f13e07fe330603c5884960e9ffd1c.jpg

b46470418c9fce400d17323aead873d5.jpg

a480a88be2bee49a2e65f615a13ee9f6.jpg

30dd304911240e9ca1f5a0ef9bbb2f2b.jpg

800aa8eb292f3e56fd586af9492b2525.jpg

Re: Trailbouncer #09

Did you know for every $1000 you spend at Summit Racing you get a free ugly hat? All my kids are getting Summit Racing Hat and stickers for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrdrinksalil said:
Did you know for every $1000 you spend at Summit Racing you get a free ugly hat? All my kids are getting Summit Racing Hat and stickers for Christmas.

I was wondering why I was getting those hats......that makes me a lil sick to my stomach thinking about the money lol. ...damn buggy builds!

Your rig is gonna be awesome...nice build!

Looks awesome man and you must have a lot of kids cause ur gonna have a lot of hats or ya could go the Oprah route and everybody gets a hat lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have a trans mount pic without the shifters in the way? Trying to design mine from underneath, and it won't be flat as the lower adapter bolt sticks down below the adapter's foot. Worried about using spacers sacrificing strength, or cutting the middle out of the mount. So I was thinking about adding an Atlas mount like yours to help.

sleepsontoilet said:
Have a trans mount pic without the shifters in the way? Trying to design mine from underneath, and it won't be flat as the lower adapter bolt sticks down below the adapter's foot. Worried about using spacers sacrificing strength, or cutting the middle out of the mount. So I was thinking about adding an Atlas mount like yours to help.

It captures 3 of the studs and then the atlas has the front and rear output supports.

fd68f789fd7ad51feb129a25dedb7d5d.jpg

pennsylvaniaboy said:
almost insulting to that buggy to call it a bouncer.....sooooo much cleaner than the "bouncer" look. great build so far and lines.

I agree, love clean lines and good proportions. Beautiful build ! Where's the updates :stir:

Honest question,

Why does the dash area look so "tall"? like the cross bar is up at almost to neck level?

TBItoy said:
Honest question,

Why does the dash area look so "tall"? like the cross bar is up at almost to neck level?

Because it gives plenty of room to mount a power brake set up and have a dash that you don't rack your shins on when you're bouncing down a trail. It looks high but when you're sitting in it there's tons of visibility.

Jduck said:
Because it gives plenty of room to mount a power brake set up and have a dash that you don't rack your shins on when you're bouncing down a trail. It looks high but when you're sitting in it there's tons of visibility.

Cool, that's kinda what I figured.

I've seen a lot of buggys that the steering and brake mounting look like an afterthought and couldn't be comfortable to drive for any amount of time

Latest posts