• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trailbouncer #09 Uncle Tito

Re: Trailbouncer #09

Jduck said:
These are the ultras so they're a little taller than the normal ss seats. Paul is 6' for a size reference in there.
jeez. I bet the top of my shoulders would be at the top of the headrest.

I'm sitting on top of the belts in this photo too. These seats do need to be 3-4" taller. We aren't all at our race weight like TC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those seats do have somewhat of a break in period. I have run them in a few rigs and after a couple rides you definitely sit lower in them than when they are new.

1tonyj said:
Those seats do have somewhat of a break in period. I have run them in a few rigs and after a couple rides you definitely sit lower in them than when they are new.
Fact. I have the ultra big boys and was scared they wouldn't fit me at first. 6'5 250ish. Over time they settle and fit me better.

That's definitely good to know. I hadn't thought about that

pplblazerdude said:
Fact. I have the ultra big boys and was scared they wouldn't fit me at first. 6'5 250ish. Over time they settle and fit me better.

I had a set of those too, Baja Ultra Wide. They were wide enough that my butt fit down into the seat so the shoulder straps were just about perfect (6' 230-240).

After I sold that rig to my buddy Gabe who was 300+ at the time, he wallered the seats out so much that after a year or so they were "too big" for me. Shoulder straps hit at about my ear lobes.

I think those "regular" ultras will fit someone 5'10" -6' and under 250 pretty decent after they break in for a few rides.
thumb.gif

Jason, you should get a gantry crane to lift the chassis up off the table. I have one from harbour freight and it makes life easy getting chassis off the table

Jduck said:
fe74ca4b8d02e195e0e78df93b02a6eb.jpg

For just a second, I thought that was Daddy Dave...
34745b7cef7b1ea9533576034cb547bc.jpg

fl-krawler said:
Jason, you should get a gantry crane to lift the chassis up off the table. I have one from harbour freight and it makes life easy getting chassis off the table

They take up way too much space for my little ol shop.

Buggy is back from getting the tin work done up by Chris at Mars fab. Time to wrap the last few little fab projects then Paul will tackle the wiring and plumbing.

8a9c54de19870afcc82c30e4dbf46b33.jpg

323b8f1e7621a924bc7d3e376d4e4cf1.jpg

Mars Fab aluminum work is on point! Dash compliments the chassis very nicely. Cool to see two top notch builders working together!

Holy crap that dash is impressive. That kinda tin work is way over my head

Side note, I follow Travis Morehead, from wod, on Instagram. That dude turns out some top notch dash work.

Getting closer...

JDuck finished up one of the most important parts of the build just before I picked it up. I had a couple coolers made so we'd both have one. It's really brilliant. I'm slowly buying coolers for all my buddies so I am not responsible for everything I drink that was in "my" cooler.

af58850be2db7d7db4bc6ef3797a2c0e.jpg

Came up with a neat idea to run the plumbing with hangers for Hydraulic lines which came out nice.

98dd4af1e647b65173d72656a362519e.jpg

Running the Holley Dominator ECU and their LS3 harness. It's mounted on the firewall behind the dash. Can't really see in this pre wiring WTF am I doing picture. Cranked it up last weekend for the first time and am really enjoying learning the Holley V5 software and the ins and outs of getting it tuned right. Will be another project getting it to communicate with the AEM dash later.

543b43510b154c47c22e74fae3d25628.jpg

Latest posts