• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Xtreme U joints

Eddyj

Anyone seen a price or got any info on these johnnies?

https://spicerparts.com/parts/driveshaft/performance/spicer-extreme-u-joints?fbclid=IwAR0J40kCk8dzUhZYwo-00EaenwcNUfj-aIxu5N5h-MuE8Ey14JoRhKRrNmw

They look cool at least hopefully they will be cheaper than the other options that are out there but Spicer really isnt known for being a cheap choice

I wonder if the patent ran out and Spicer is making them in house, or if the same shop making the Yukons are making the Spicers too

TBItoy said:
from what I understand, Carl Jantz made the Yukon Superjoints.

Hmm. Interesting. Is he the "Super Jeep" guy? I know he's a parts engineer by the name but I didn't know if its the same guy?????

poolman said:
Hmm. Interesting. Is he the "Super Jeep" guy? I know he's a parts engineer by the name but I didn't know if its the same guy?????

Yup. Same guy

IMO, price point will make or break these. Spicer is known for good quality, so no issues there. But they have to be in line or better priced, than the other 4340 options on the market already.

Ouverson dana 60 joints are $375 for a 300M cross section. Plus they are easier to grease. Seems to me these should be low $200 to compete.

collinmaune said:
Ouverson dana 60 joints are $375 for a 300M cross section. Plus they are easier to grease. Seems to me these should be low $200 to compete.

The Ouverson joints on their website are listed at $275.00 each now ....so even better price thumb.gif

I have a brand new set of gm Dana 60 4340 Yukon 35 spline axles and super joints 1 rebuild kit and Yukon hubs 1200.00

I called Spicer today and they said told me they should come out first quarter of 2019 and didn't know the price

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Part numbers if anyone is wanting a set.
b69a7182c251a4a47c84f6564ddcdf9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was actually looking for these a couple days ago. I still dont see them for sale anywhere or a price. Potentially going to recommend them to my buddy. He broke new sealed spicer 1480s pretty quick this past weekend.

cbrjeeper said:
Time for rcv's

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ha! He needs money spent elsewhere first. Part of that is an axle swap anyway. I think if his stock inners become the fuse he will be in good shape until then.

On that note. It's an 04 Super Duty axle. I put Nitro 4340 35 spline stubs in it, so if he gets 4340 or 300m joints would the stock inner shaft become the fuse? If the ears on the stock shaft let go before the main shaft does, it could potentially trash the new joints and the stub with it. Really hoping that wont be the case but I am guessing. Any first hand experience would be appreciated.

Latest posts