• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Top Soil/Dirt Connections near Murfreesboro, TN

ridered3

Not Rigless
Not sure if this needs to go over in the Wanted to Buy section or here in General, so if it needs to move, feel free to move it.

I am in search of decent top soil in the Murfreesboro, TN area. I recently got rid of 50ish stumps at home and now need to backfill all the holes. The dirt guy I used a few years ago, has since retired and did not have any recommendations.

I really just need the materials delivered since I can spread it with the tractor, but wanted to check here first before calling random folks on Craigslist etc.

So anyone on Hardline have a connection for Top Soil near Murfreeboro, TN?

Since everyone loves pics, here's the mess right after the stumps were removed.

Attachments

• IMG_8473.jpg
    IMG_8473.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 138
Since everyone loves pics, here's the mess right after the stumps were removed.

Attachments

• IMG_8500.jpg
    IMG_8500.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 117
Easiest way to contact me is my cell at 931-three nine seven-3319 or post up contact info here for others to possibly use in the future.

Man I gotchu if you can wait about 3 more weeks.

Alternately, if we build you a shop you'll have plenty of top soil to spread around

Markrobinson said:
Man I gotchu if you can wait about 3 more weeks.

Alternately, if we build you a shop you'll have plenty of top soil to spread around

I'll definitely take you up on the dirt in a few weeks.

And that sounds like a good justification for a shop. "Hey babe in order to get the top soil we need to backfill holes, let's just build a shop." Sad thing/good thing is, she'd be fine with that logic.

So I ended up buying a tri-axle dump truck worth of dry, well sorted/sifted top soil delivered to my house from the following guy, who did some dirt work at my neighbors house:
Jason Crook (Liberty, TN)
615-eight seven zero-4020

He was the same price as another guy, but could get to me two weeks earlier. I was pleased with the timeliness and quality of dirt. Would highly recommend if someone else needs dirt in the Murfreesboro, TN area. I called him on Friday, and he delivered on Tuesday. No guarantee it would be that quick of turnaround for someone else, but that's how it worked out for me.

Couple of other contacts I did not use, but had good conversations with, they were just further behind than Jason due to all the rain.

Dirt Works (Columbia, TN)
615-five five seven-0345
Has a one ton pickup with dump bed, and a dump trailer. So perfect for smaller jobs, or hard to get to places. I didn't use him since the amount of dirt I needed + his location, was not ideal for either of us.

Dirt Man (Murfreesboro, TN)
615-five three three-0073
Has various sizes of dump trucks. I didn't use him despite the price being the same as Jason. He was booked for a couple of weeks due to all the rain.

Attachments

• IMG_9009.jpg
    IMG_9009.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 107
Unfortunately that is the only picture I have of all the dirt after it was delivered. I started spreading the dirt Wednesday after work and have done a little work here and there as time and weather has allowed. Down to 1/3 of the pile now and pleased with the transaction.

Just wanted to pass laong some info in case anyone in the area needs some dirt related/hauling contacts.

poolman said:
Are you building some "cool jumps?"

Ha. If you looked at my house right now, it appears I have 30+ small gravesites just in the front and back yard.

Although they could make for decent RzR and lawnmower jumps if it would ever quit raining and become hard packed dirt.