• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Newbies Post Up Here - Rig Specs & Info Thread

JEEPKEVIN said:
Having fun in Dallas!

Goatbuilt subframe, 5.3 and 4L60E, Atlas 5.0

Waiting on a scale to show up from Amazon so I can get corner weights for shocks. Need to build firewall so I can get brake booster and pedals in place.

Started the first week in December and hope to be on the trails by July.

How is the build coming along on this one?

And welcome to Hardline everyone

mtnbiker4evr13 said:
Long time lurker and finally made an account. Im in Athens Ohio and a member of the Ohio 4x4 Trailriders club. Have a built 2nd gen 4runner and a 78 fj40

4runner is solid axle swaped, dual elockers, dual transfer cases, longfields and 35in MTRs

40 is an old school spring under with no flex, factory 2f, 4speed, and basically stock otherwise.

I love it and another Ohio wheeler. I think you guys are multiplying.

Started Here

Scavenged Useful Items from Here

and with the help of a Rogue Fab Bender and notcher, a Lincoln Mig Welder and too many dollars or hours to total up without wanting to puke eventually arrived here

383 Stroker, Fitech Fuel Injection, Full Manual 4L60E, Atlas 3.8, HP60 and 14 Bolt. Has 2.5 16"kings all around.
Its been Dubbed the Wrong Coast Bouncer.

Thanks to all you fine gentleman (and the not so gentleman) here that have helped me with my build whether you knew you were helping or not.

Warewolf SD said:
Started Here

Scavenged Useful Items from Here

and with the help of a Rogue Fab Bender and notcher, a Lincoln Mig Welder and too many dollars or hours to total up without wanting to puke eventually arrived here

383 Stroker, Fitech Fuel Injection, Full Manual 4L60E, Atlas 3.8, HP60 and 14 Bolt. Has 2.5 16"kings all around.
Its been Dubbed the Wrong Coast Bouncer.

Thanks to all you fine gentleman (and the not so gentleman) here that have helped me with my build whether you knew you were helping or not.

That's a cool build. Don't host them on Photobucket

Hey guys.
My name is Chris and I'm a Mississippi guy. So, I'm not really local to most of this crowd. Someone mentioned this forum several years ago and I logged on to check it out.
Realized real quick that y'all are way beyond my skill level. Been making a few upgrades and improvements on my rig over the years and have been able to make a couple Hardlines here and there.
The only parks I've been to are Hawk Pride, Superlift/Hot Springs, and Gray Rock, but am trying to plan a trip to Windrock.

My trail rig is a '82 CJ7.
Stock drivetrain 258/T4/D300/D30/AMC20
SOA and MC2100 are the main funcional changes.
Also have a couple flat fenders that need a ton of work to get back on the road.
I have 2 kids and a wife that enjoy 4-wheeling almost as much as I do.
I get a kick out of reading some of y'alls antics from time to time.

Hope to see y'all out there some time.
db6404aeff4fce866c38cccbb7bdcbf6.jpg
c7b49a655338f8a673fff8489246941e.jpg

Krimes13 said:
Hey guys.
My name is Chris and I'm a Mississippi guy. So, I'm not really local to most of this crowd. Someone mentioned this forum several years ago and I logged on to check it out.
Realized real quick that y'all are way beyond my skill level. Been making a few upgrades and improvements on my rig over the years and have been able to make a couple Hardlines here and there.
The only parks I've been to are Hawk Pride, Superlift/Hot Springs, and Gray Rock, but am trying to plan a trip to Windrock.

Also have a couple flat fenders that need a ton of work to get back on the road.

Awesome and welcome to Hardline Crawlers. Let us know when and where you'll be wheeling and do a meet and greet. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Re: Newbies Post Up Here - Rig Specs & Info Thread

MoparMan said:
Welcome to Hardline Chris. That's a good looking CJ. What size tires are you running on that puppy?
Thanks!
Currently, 36" Irocks with very little tread. Makes me by far "the little guy" with this crew. But, I try to keep up. Ha!
0286b4ca1a600ca7927e257cb46053e1.jpg

Re: Re: Re: Newbies Post Up Here - Rig Specs & Info Thread

Krimes13 said:
Thanks!
Currently, 36" Irocks with very little tread. Makes me by far "the little guy" with this crew. But, I try to keep up. Ha!
0286b4ca1a600ca7927e257cb46053e1.jpg
Small tires makes you learn how to drive. I ran 31, 32's and felt like an off roading God when I stepped up to 33's and a rear locker.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Krimes13 said:
Hey guys.

What part of Mississippi?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Newbies Post Up Here - Rig Specs & Info Thread

lowbudgetjunk said:
Small tires makes you learn how to drive....

Absolutely!
I ran 33s unlocked and 2.82s for about 8yrs. I kinda prefer the idea of a smaller rig with less HP. (I am still running a D30).
Mine will always be street legal. Hell, I have full coverage insurance on it. Ha! The kids love riding to town for ice cream and when I can pick them up from school in it.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

cushmaneaglerider said:
What part of Mississippi?

Starkville

Lived in the Jackson/Metro area for a while. Which is where most of the guys I usually ride with live.

Krimes13 said:
Starkville

Lived in the Jackson/Metro area for a while. Which is where most of the guys I usually ride with live.

Just wanted to say hey. I am over in Mantachie, MS not far from Tupelo at all. Ride Hawk Pride pretty regular. Hollar sometime yall are heading out.

civicmindedex79 said:
Just wanted to say hey. I am over in Mantachie, MS not far from Tupelo at all. Ride Hawk Pride pretty regular. Hollar sometime yall are heading out.

How have we never crossed paths? We need to pick a weekend this fall and head to Hawk Pride. It's a great park and I have only ran 14 or so hours drive time through there.

I'm new here. Just here mainly to lurk because my junk wagon is currently broken. Anyway, here's my scrap heap.

A Ford said:
I'm new here. Just here mainly to lurk because my junk wagon is currently broken. Anyway, here's my scrap heap.

Scrap? Don't look at anything besides the current Not so Red Buggy Build

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A Ford said:

Cool to see y'all here. Got to talk with some of your team at the Mega Truck races at Adventure Offroad last September. Had a cool photo of the score rolling down the course, but Photobucket ate those pictures back in February.

Latest posts