• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broke my hero transfer case

redline diesel

Playing on some hills last weekend and broke my hero transfer case.Planning on putting a SCS back in having been real happy with hero.

I have heard of another one that broke cant remember the guys name but he wasnt public about it at all, if I paid that much for one I might be a little upset having to tell people that it can break like any other part bc I thought all the real offroad guys run hero cases

jccarter1 said:
I have heard of another one that broke cant remember the guys name but he wasnt public about it at all, if I paid that much for one I might be a little upset having to tell people that it can break like any other part bc I thought all the real offroad guys run hero cases

No doubt I would expect a replacement asap.

People have broken them but from what I understand the warranty is very very good on them.

Selvey you're around 750-800 hp at the crank correct? And I know you guys do a lot of long pull hills too up north right?

I've ridden in his a few times, that thing is an absolute monster. Just putting it in perspective for everyone, his motor is not a "junkyard l.s." like a lot of us run.

and y'all should know by now, everything can break..

smbroady82 said:
Selvey you're around 750-800 hp at the crank correct? And I know you guys do a lot of long pull hills too up north right?

I've ridden in his a few times, that thing is an absolute monster. Just putting it in perspective for everyone, his motor is not a "junkyard l.s." like a lot of us run.

I thought he was around 900 before he sprayed it. I THINK. I could be mistaken but I remember it being ridiculous.

smbroady82 said:

It's nasty for sure, I've drove it and it will flat get down. Easy the most powerful buggy ive drove personally. And it doesn't have any spray on its all moter. I'm still shocked it would break a Hero on a dirt hill. I guess tractor tires and high HP :dunno:

I broke my Hero after a few years of wheeling and kinda bragged about it on Facespace, and the owners immediately were tagged and sent me friend requests. They told me I had the first version and upgrades have been made since purchased.
They paid to have it over-nighted to them, fixed and upgraded in two days and over-nighted it back to me after agreeing to remove the post.
I couldn't believe how over-the-top they went to make it right. I wasn't out a dime and the rig was back up in under a week.

Gotta be stronger than an Atlas race case. The Hero case and gear sets are massive. You really have to plan ahead to make it fit.

yankster said:
I broke my Hero after a few years of wheeling and kinda bragged about it on Facespace, and the owners immediately were tagged and sent me friend requests. They told me I had the first version and upgrades have been made since purchased.
They paid to have it over-nighted to them, fixed and upgraded in two days and over-nighted it back to me after agreeing to remove the post.
I couldn't believe how over-the-top they went to make it right. I wasn't out a dime and the rig was back up in under a week.

Gotta be stronger than an Atlas race case. The Hero case and gear sets are massive. You really have to plan ahead to make it fit.

I've heard a handful of similar stories. I've yet to hear about one that broke where it just broke. Always an "old version" or something that supposedly has been updated since. That's great they take care of their customers but also lame to bury the evidence...IMO.