• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broke my hero transfer case

no spray all motor waiting to see what will be done if any help at all...not going to buy another one will go scs will miss the high side sometimes on a long slick hill may go up on gearing if go with scs..

redline diesel said:
no spray all motor waiting to see what will be done if any help at all...not going to buy another one will go scs will miss the high side sometimes on a long slick hill may go up on gearing if go with scs..

I'm getting ready to build a bouncer with f&r steer 14s, at least 700hp with scs. I'm kind of wanting to try to mate the scs to a built full manual 4l80 to get another gear.

redline diesel said:

For some reason I would have sworn you were spraying it. Either way it's bad ass for sure.

I don't have enough money to make the hp to break my race case, or the money for a hero. So I should be good :****:

the_white_shadow said:
So what broke?
On mine it appeared to be a snap ring failed inside letting a bearing float around and
the gears got all grindy with each other and the case.

croes said:
I'm getting ready to build a bouncer with f&r steer 14s, at least 700hp with scs. I'm kind of wanting to try to mate the scs to a built full manual 4l80 to get another gear.

What about the chevy 6spd for the double overdrive? Could still have a low case gearing but plenty up top with the overdrive.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
What about the chevy 6spd for the double overdrive? Could still have a low case gearing but plenty up top with the overdrive.

That was the original plan, but we feel its just too much shifting. With 3.73 in the axles, and a 3.33 in the SCS it'll hit 90 tapped out in 4th.

SCS confirmed they can hook up to a 4l80 also, same spline as 400 but I believe the stub length is different. And Reid now makes the Super 80 case to build one super stout 4l80.

croes said:
That was the original plan, but we feel its just too much shifting. With 3.73 in the axles, and a 3.33 in the SCS it'll hit 90 tapped out in 4th.

SCS confirmed they can hook up to a 4l80 also, same spline as 400 but I believe the stub length is different. And Reid now makes the Super 80 case to build one super stout 4l80.

Makes sense

Talked to SCS at PRI, guess the Gonorail by Farmtruck and AZN is only one running the SCS behind the 4L80.

Oh and here is a pic of a broke Hero.

Attachments

• IMG_6346.JPG
    IMG_6346.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 202

Latest posts