• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crossfitters

money_pit_yj

Any of you guys do CrossFit? I have avoided it because I didn't like the douchebaggery of some folks I have known that do it. That being said, I finally decided I needed to get back into shape and lifting heavy weights wasn't going to do it and I ain't running so I looked into it and found a gym with less douchebaggery than others. I'm 6 weeks in and really enjoy it, still getting used to the culture of it but that will come. Any of you guys do it? What's your favorite or least favorite workout? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crossfitter's favorite workout is going on Facebook to remind everybody that they do Crossfit.

And injuring themselves.

Crossfitters

Fitness people irk me. They give me stink eye all the time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BLT94YJ said:
Crossfitter's favorite workout is going on Facebook to remind everybody that they do Crossfit.

And injuring themselves.
Yeah they teach you to use bad form to get in more reps.

BLT94YJ said:

And injuring themselves.

Judging by your physique, you are an extremist at Crossdressing crosseyed crossfitting. :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

That's always kinda been my outlook on it. I just want to be not fat and able to be the best desk jockey I can be. It's been cool so far.

I do Crossfit and mostly powerlifting with 4 guys I work with. It's what u want to put into it , yes I agree there are plenty that bring the name down. But don't let them bother u when u see results you know they are earned
As for WODs 75 % of ours are on the weight orientated side. Hate Fran, hunting humans is a go to. King Kong , Linda, CIA 7.

money_pit_yj said:
Any of you guys do CrossFit? I have avoided it because I didn't like the douchebaggery of some folks I have known that do it. That being said, I finally decided I needed to get back into shape and lifting heavy weights wasn't going to do it and I ain't running so I looked into it and found a gym with less douchebaggery than others. I'm 6 weeks in and really enjoy it, still getting used to the culture of it but that will come. Any of you guys do it? What's your favorite or least favorite workout? Just wondering.

Skip the crossfit and go find a reputable school that teaches brazilian jiu jitsu. Not only will you get in shape but you will pick up a useful set of hand to hand skills.

lt99ls1 said:
Skip the crossfit and go find a reputable school that teaches brazilian jiu jitsu. Not only will you get in shape but you will pick up a useful set of hand to hand skills.

The chances of me ever needing BJJ are slim. If I ever get in a situation where I will need it I can just shoot them or throw hands. That's way to much work for me. :rolf:

I am at a CF gym. 4 years now. I'm there 4-5 days a week. It's ashamed all CF gyms are lumped into this stereo type. It really depends on the coaching and how engaged the owner of the gym is in day to day and giving a damn about making sure coach's stay on their ****. Typically female coaches teach better technique. It's all about form and technique! Not just pushing weight around and doing movements as fast as you can. I've seen many regular gyms, boot camp gyms, etc. They all make mistakes. When you walk into a CF gym you have to swallow your pride a little and focus on you and proper form. People get hurt because of bad technique or trying to out work someone else. It's a great Place to help with your goals but exercise is only part of it. 80% of where you want to be is diet. This is where I fail because I love whiskey and beer and deserts. No doubt though the men and women in the CF games are legit. No I don't blast all over the place I go to a CF gym.

I love the jujitsu idea! A Gracie gym just opened up close by I want to try.

Re: Re: Crossfitters

Molly Hatchet said:
I am at a CF gym. 4 years now. I'm there 4-5 days a week. It's ashamed all CF gyms are lumped into this stereo type. It really depends on the coaching and how engaged the owner of the gym is in day to day and giving a damn about making sure coach's stay on their ****. Typically female coaches teach better technique. It's all about form and technique! Not just pushing weight around and doing movements as fast as you can. I've seen many regular gyms, boot camp gyms, etc. They all make mistakes. When you walk into a CF gym you have to swallow your pride a little and focus on you and proper form. People get hurt because of bad technique or trying to out work someone else. It's a great Place to help with your goals but exercise is only part of it. 80% of where you want to be is diet. This is where I fail because I love whiskey and beer and deserts. No doubt though the men and women in the CF games are legit. No I don't blast all over the place I go to a CF gym.

I love the jujitsu idea! A Gracie gym just opened up close by I want to try.
I have been doing CF averaging 4 days a week just a little over a year now and I agree with everything you said except the diet percentage, I thinks its more like 90% lol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

money_pit_yj said:
The chances of me ever needing BJJ are slim. If I ever get in a situation where I will need it I can just shoot them or throw hands. That's way to much work for me. :rolf:
I stay out of trouble as much as possible myself and the odds of me needing to use BJJ are slim too. If you didn't do an wrestling in school or take Sambo, Judo, BJJ or one of a few other grappling martial arts and they have cauliflower ears you better skip straight to shooting them.

Latest posts