• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Crossfitters

lt99ls1 said:
I stay out of trouble as much as possible myself and the odds of me needing to use BJJ are slim too. If you didn't do an wrestling in school or take Sambo, Judo, BJJ or one of a few other grappling martial arts and they have cauliflower ears you better skip straight to shooting them.

My sprawl game is on point but I think your right, shooting them would be best.

Molly Hatchet said:
It's ashamed all CF gyms are lumped into this stereo type. It really depends on the coaching and how engaged the owner of the gym is in day to day and giving a damn about making sure coach's stay on their ****... It's all about form and technique! Not just pushing weight around and doing movements as fast as you can... When you walk into a CF gym you have to swallow your pride a little and focus on you and proper form. People get hurt because of bad technique or trying to out work someone else...

There are several points here with which I agree completely. I drank the CF Kool-Aid for the first time in October 2016, and I have loved it ever since. I have never been one that could buy a gym membership and show up on a consistent basis to work out. I didn't have the knowledge of the multitude of movements and machines nor the accountability. With Crossfit, I like the structure of scheduled class times, small classes (usually <12) that allows more 1-on-1 time coaches, and the comradery. I go three days per week at 5:00am, and I typically find that I feel better on the days I work out.

So I owned the strength portion of the workout today, then about died during metcon :rolf:

Have not squatted in 18 months and did 285 after about 4 sets at lower weights.....

waggener1 said:
There are several points here with which I agree completely. I drank the CF Kool-Aid for the first time in October 2016, and I have loved it ever since. I have never been one that could buy a gym membership and show up on a consistent basis to work out. I didn't have the knowledge of the multitude of movements and machines nor the accountability. With Crossfit, I like the structure of scheduled class times, small classes (usually <12) that allows more 1-on-1 time coaches, and the comradery. I go three days per week at 5:00am, and I typically find that I feel better on the days I work out.

We have a group of about 4 guys that workout in the 5:30 am class. I get the Broscience dude and his anticlass/coach stance, but all the big powerlifters have coaches and squads they work with to hold them accountable....same difference :dunno: (enter the pet peevers who hate "same difference")

throttlejunkie said:
I cannot believe I've missed this thread, this is awesome molaugh

Dude this is the best thread ever. You should post in this thread. This thread is really better than any other thread that has ever been written. A lot of people misunderstand this thread but posting in this thread will make you a better all around poster. If your not posting in this thread, your missing out. I like to eat grain from a burlap sac while typing in this thread. It's not just about what you type it's what you're putting in your body while your typing. ;D

I like CrossFit the exercise, not CrossFit the lifestyle.
I started doing CrossFit when pukie was the mascot lol.
pukie.gif