• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Our First International Build - The Italian Job

Congrats guys. That's pretty awesome. I've heard some rumors about the second one. Can't wait to see what's next...

The Luke said:
Congrats guys. That's pretty awesome. I've heard some rumors about the second one. Can't wait to see what's next...

Thanks we are excited about how things are going thus far. I'll give a hint. Portals are next.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Thanks we are excited about how things are going thus far. I'll give a hint. Portals are next.

What kind of terrain does Italy offer to challenge such a badass rig? I watched that video and thought "man that's a lot of rig for a gravel road" !

JeffH454 said:
What kind of terrain does Italy offer to challenge such a badass rig? I watched that video and thought "man that's a lot of rig for a gravel road" !

They have rock courses that they race on. This was just the closest place that we could go test it. The terrain is just like here on the East Coast.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
They have rock courses that they race on. This was just the closest place that we could go test it. The terrain is just like here on the East Coast.

That's a shame, I would have wanted to make a ride with those guys and see if they can get down as good over there. Or at least see if they could party!

It's still pretty cool how far this sport has came, I'm sure it was cool to have the opportunity to do something like that.

J.A.B said:
That's a shame, I would have wanted to make a ride with those guys and see if they can get down as good over there. Or at least see if they could party!

It's still pretty cool how far this sport has came, I'm sure it was cool to have the opportunity to do something like that.

Italians have probably the best vehicles in the offroad world in Europe and some damn good riding for sure.

Watched the video during lunch break today and it was pretty cool.

How did you go about shipping everything you'd need over there?

Also how long did the actual shipment take to get from Alabama to Italy?

ridered3 said:
Watched the video during lunch break today and it was pretty cool.

How did you go about shipping everything you'd need over there?

Also how long did the actual shipment take to get from Alabama to Italy?

We had everything palleted and ready to go. A truck showed up with a container we loaded the container and sent it on its way with all of the proper paperwork. Easy Peasy.

I think it took a little over 3 weeks to get it there and clear customs.

redneckengineered said:
Are those 43 stickies? Didn't you tell me one time that you can't import stickies because of the compound?

Nope.

I told you Interco tires are on the list of the tires banned of entry in the European union because of their manufacturing process which includes recycled oils when they make the rubber compound.

Doesn't mean the paperwork specifically mentioned what brand tire they were, nor the container was inspected physically, nor (if it was inspected) the customs officer knew what they were. You can still get them in, it's just not legal.

I know of a guy that lost over 20gs when they seized his container full of TSLs.

To my knowledge they haven't changed the process.

You wouldn't have any issue importing Sticky Krawlers, and Sticky Treps are everywhere and cheap.

Re: Re: Our First International Build - The Italian Job

Bebop said:
Nope.

I told you Interco tires are on the list of the tires banned of entry in the European union because of their manufacturing process which includes recycled oils when they make the rubber compound.

Doesn't mean the paperwork specifically mentioned what brand tire they were, nor the container was inspected physically, nor (if it was inspected) the customs officer knew what they were. You can still get them in, it's just not legal.

I know of a guy that lost over 20gs when they seized his container full of TSLs.

To my knowledge they haven't changed the process.

You wouldn't have any issue importing Sticky Krawlers, and Sticky Treps are everywhere and cheap.
I bet 4 tires in a buggy package aren't a red flag as much as a container of tires..... Our border is the same way. Just look at the guys that get whole jdm cars here.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

BustedKnucklefilms said:
He is signed up as part of the Gold Rush Team so we will see him race some this year in SRRS and hopefully his new rig in some other races.

What is or who is the gold rush team?

poolman said:
What is or who is the gold rush team?

I dunno but if this is their meeting location I want in... hitit

Attachments

• goldrush.jpg
    goldrush.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 335

Latest posts