• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for a transmission shop in Birmingham

Dan_Goodwin

Birmingham, AL
Short story is the 4l60e in my 2003 Silverado 1/2 ton is throwing a p0756/p0575 shift solenoid B code so I'm going ahead and biting the bullet and getting it rebuilt. I've had good luck with Jeffs Transmission is Bessemer in the past, but if there is a better deal out there I am open to it. Who do y'all recommend?

I've heard good reviews on the transmission shop at the intersection of HWY 79 and HWY 75 in Pinson. All they work on is GM rear wheel drive transmissions. $1k out the door with warranty and they pull it.

Send it to J. at Gear Grinders Garage over in Argo he is on this board and can get you a Jasper reman or pull it and send it for a bench build. I feel a warranty could come in very handy with a 4l60e.

The company I work for uses M&B Transmissions. There address is 462 35th St N. Birmingham, AL 35222 and the phone number is 205-521-0022.

I can put you in touch with the guy who builds all mine, probably done 20 or so for me and never had a problem. Or if you want I can pull and install it as well. All the 4L60E tranny's he does get the zpack clutches, new electronics, beast shells and wider bands so the common failure points are upgraded. He's been building them for over 40 years and knows what he's doing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I got a decent 2000 suburban that sits because it slips in 2nd. J, What is a ballpark on your guys rebuilds?

I built the 4l60e in my sons Z71 and put over $800 in parts to get it to 4L65-70 specs. They can get expensive.

DrankinInTheWoods said:
I've heard good reviews on the transmission shop at the intersection of HWY 79 and HWY 75 in Pinson. All they work on is GM rear wheel drive transmissions. $1k out the door with warranty and they pull it.

I found them on Facebook recently and this is who I'm favoring right now. They want $1300 for an HD rebuild (I bring the trans to them) with a 3yr/100k warranty. I'll have the trans pulled by tomorrow night, so I'm hoping to take it to someone Wednesday.

grcthird said:
I can put you in touch with the guy who builds all mine, probably done 20 or so for me and never had a problem. Or if you want I can pull and install it as well. All the 4L60E tranny's he does get the zpack clutches, new electronics, beast shells and wider bands so the common failure points are upgraded. He's been building them for over 40 years and knows what he's doing.

What's his going rate?

He may be a little cheaper but he's only going to do a year warranty. He actually has fixed some for that shop that they couldn't figure out.

grcthird said:
He may be a little cheaper but he's only going to do a year warranty. He actually has fixed some for that shop that they couldn't figure out.

I sent you a PM. Sounds like I need to give him a call.

Latest posts