• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ghetto limit straps

Eddyj

The rear of my buggy is tall. I've never had limiting straps but like the ideal of them going from mounting points of the coilover. So I need a 35-40 inch strap.
Which will take a week to have shipped.
I am not opposed to rigging some crap together and beating on it.
So has anyone seen or had a good ideal for ghetto long limit straps?

been using synthetic winch line or 1/2"polyester boat rope. just splice it to lenght.

winch line doesnt have too much flex so you can feel it .
polyester boat rope has nice amount of flex so it stops the axel softly.

currently running red 1/2" boat rope rated to 8k lbs. they been there for couple years four corner cost is like 15$

picture.php

Timjus said:
been using synthetic winch line or 1/2"polyester boat rope. just splice it to lenght.

Not sure why I didn't think of that for our last trail fix. thumb.gif

Timjus said:

winch line doesnt have too much flex so you can feel it .
polyester boat rope has nice amount of flex so it stops the axel softly.

currently running red 1/2" boat rope rated to 8k lbs. they been there for couple years four corner cost is like 15$

picture.php
This is a good ideal. I was hoping something like this would pop up. I ordered some regular straps in the correct length but I love seeing budget solutions that work. I like the slider I may incorporate that in with new straps as they will be long.

Eddyj said:
This is a good ideal. I was hoping something like this would pop up. I ordered some regular straps in the correct length but I love seeing budget solutions that work. I like the slider I may incorporate that in with new straps as they will be long.

picture.php

Eddyj said:
I'm not sure how "ghetto" translates. But you nailed it sir.

guy creeping in the background has his hat on backwards to certify the authenticity of this ghetto job! :stir:

I will have to hold out for a closer picture of the lower attachment point - looks like a 5/8" nut welded to the axle in place of an actual lug, but need a closer picture to confirm the true "ghetto" worthiness! :popcorn:

x2 on the chain thumb.gif

I use amazone axle straps....4/$24....24" long. I weld a plate into the eyes for a 1/2" bolt, but you can use eye straps too. Work well for slow crawling....not sure I would put them on a desert truck or monster truck...

snag a lap belt out of the back of a junk yard car, it already has bolt down points, is adjustable, and is easy to disconnect when you need that extra half inch. "thats what she said" :cougar:

I can tell you from experience, do not tie the limit straps into the coilover bolt, I bent a many of 1/2" bolts that way and luckily caught them before they broke and took out a coilover. just buy the quad straps as they really do not stretch.
think poly performance has them the cheapest and I believe it is pirate10 that gives you 10 percent off

Latest posts