• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Selling on Internet

That was all part of my plan. To catch the wind and slow my rig down so you could keep up...

In the past I used craigslist but nobody uses it anymore. I've bought and sold a couple of things on here but mostly use FB. You'll get 20 people asking if it's still available and if you're lucky one will make you an offer. Expect 500 stupid questions. I posted a "parts" jeep that was completely rusted out and had no floor pans and even put pictures and still had tons of people ask if it was driveable. People are stupid and only look at the first line and first picture so no matter where you put it expect stupid questions.

I sell about 50 trucks a year on Craigslist, just make a very detailed ad with good pictures, and put all the info you can, still a few dumdass's will ask stupid questions, but good info and pics eliminates alot of that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I still have pretty good luck out of Craigslist. But I'm not on Facebook, so that eliminates FB marketplace for me.....

I got 3 items on FB marketplace.
It is nice being able to look at their profile plus FB messenger keeps it pretty organized

xjmarc said:
In the past I used craigslist but nobody uses it anymore. I've bought and sold a couple of things on here but mostly use FB. You'll get 20 people asking if it's still available and if you're lucky one will make you an offer. Expect 500 stupid questions. I posted a "parts" jeep that was completely rusted out and had no floor pans and even put pictures and still had tons of people ask if it was driveable. People are stupid and only look at the first line and first picture so no matter where you put it expect stupid questions.

This /\

I hate selling **** online and yes you get some full on retards on Facebook.

In the last 24 hours on FB I've sold a 5.3 with cut down harness and ecm, TH350, transmission coolers, orbital, stub shafts, hi steer arms, ECM mount bracket, and some drive shaft builder parts.

Markrobinson said:
This /\

I hate selling **** online and yes you get some full on retards on Facebook.

Facebook made a liar of me. I got a buyer today for my trailer I've had listed forever. I did deal with every stupid question under the moon, but the buyer i got was easy going, paid cash and was prompt.

I got lucky and got a 75 year old southern man who just wanted something to drive the grandkids around property. Gave me asking price for my Polaris. Facebook market place for the win.

I have an old 4age Toyota engine that's locked up on FB marketplace. Some guy in gulf breeze wants me to meet him halfway from bham for $150. What the hell.

grcthird said:
I have an old 4age Toyota engine that's locked up on FB marketplace. Some guy in gulf breeze wants me to meet him halfway from bham for $150. What the hell.

You mean you don't want to spend 4 hours and $70 in gas to sell something for $150?

Man, some folks just ain't got good sense.

I HATE when people ask, "Is this still available?" on facebook. I never respond to that, because common sense is if the ad is up; then it's still available.

DallasBlade said:
I HATE when people ask, "Is this still available?" on facebook. I never respond to that, because common sense is if the ad is up; then it's still available.

Not sure about FaceSpace since I don't have one, but I always start with that for Craigslist sellers since 70-80% of the time, the item I'm interested in sold 5 days ago and they still haven't pulled the ad down.

ridered3 said:
Not sure about FaceSpace since I don't have one, but I always start with that for Craigslist sellers since 70-80% of the time, the item I'm interested in sold 5 days ago and they still haven't pulled the ad down.

I do the same on craigslist. On facebook that is a premade sentence quick link for people to click. If you respond yes it is, 9 out of 10 times, you never get a reply back anyway.

DallasBlade said:
I do the same on craigslist. On facebook that is a premade sentence quick link for people to click. If you respond yes it is, 9 out of 10 times, you never get a reply back anyway.

It been a couple of days... 3 items for sale. 42 "good morning, is this available?" You reply "yes" and then nothing...
It's real hard for me not to be a smart ass, but what are people bored just sitting around scrolling through marketplace?

Eddyj said:
It been a couple of days... 3 items for sale. 42 "good morning, is this available?" You reply "yes" and then nothing...
It's real hard for me not to be a smart ass, but what are people bored just sitting around scrolling through marketplace?

I've discovered on fb, if someone is serious they will message and ask for your number and location. So, I don't respond to anything else.

Eddyj said:
It is easy to accidentally click on one of those premade replys, I have done it and was not intending to, some people are too lazy to go back and delete it, when just browsing.

Latest posts