• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Stupid dog will eat anything

money_pit_yj

Anybody else have a dog that will eat anything?

So far (this week) my American Bulldog has eaten:
A whole tray of chocolate covered Christmas cookies
A loaf of bread
About 10 napkins
A bag of caramel popcorn

Other than the cookies all of this stuff was in areas we thought were inaccessible :mad:

So now you blame your dog for all the things you eat so the ol lady want be mad at you?
That's low...

Probably blame the poor little fella for your farts also.

Absolutely. I have a catahula/heeler that eats cow patties like ice cream. Pulls trash out of the burn pit, bottles, chunks of wood. Killed and mutilated 9 chickens buuuut we ate them. The stuffing inside my daughters plush animals.

Maybe that means you got a good one?

money_pit_yj said:
Anybody else have a dog that will eat anything?

So far (this week) my American Bulldog has eaten:
A whole tray of chocolate covered Christmas cookies
A loaf of bread
About 10 napkins
A bag of caramel popcorn

Other than the cookies all of this stuff was in areas we thought were inaccessible :mad:

Pics of dog? Mine is pretty well behaved but when he feels neglected he will **** **** up, he likes to ruin a shoe generally. Just one not completely destroy it, but like eat the sole off the heel or toe of it. Fuggin dickhead laughing1

That's how our pit was. Last year around this time we came home to find broken glass Christmas ornaments everywhere. 1 entire box. She didn't eat them though. Just popped them. No blood and all hooks accounted for. She was perfectly fine.

FYI, if your dog ever eats something serious, prescription medicine, chocolate, over the counter meds, you can give it some hydrogen peroxide...about a capful and they will throw it back up very quickly. All of us keep a bottle of it in our K9's med kits.

Yep. One tablespoon per each 10 lbs. Our puppy once ate half a can of coffee. 2 tablespoons and up it came.

rugger99 said:
FYI, if your dog ever eats something serious, prescription medicine, chocolate, over the counter meds, you can give it some hydrogen peroxide...about a capful and they will throw it back up very quickly. All of us keep a bottle of it in our K9's med kits.

I dump a bottle down her mouth. It pisses her off but she will eventually yak.good trick to know!!

I had a lab that was like that, eat anything that would fit in her mouth but she wouldn't chew it, more like swallow. I gave her some leftover ribs one time and instead of eating them and knawing the bones she swallows them whole. I don't know how it made it out without tearing her insides up. She was smart enough that she watched he pick up pecans, crack them and eat them that she started doing it, ate every pecan in the yard. She somehow would spit the hull out like a sunflower seed. But, she wouldn't eat a tomato, wouldn't touch them. Give her a sandwich with a tomato and she would spit the tomato out gagging.

Santa's cookies.......gone. Kids have been rowdy all day so I was choking them out upstairs and came down and the cookies were gone. Kept me from eating them so all is well..