• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Angry Fab buggy (LSA Blown)

anthonymd13

Picked up my angryfab chassis from george on the 22nd of december. It was a chassis that he built in 2016 that the customer went in a different direction.

5.3 Stock rotating, tick stg 2 blower cam, lsa blower.
4l80e fti 2800 converter
05+ sd 60 stock 17+ shafts (1550) 14 bolt stock
atlas 4.3
14/16 oris
43 stickums

Attachments

• 20181224_141430.jpg
    20181224_141430.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 244
Re: Angry Fab buggy

Niiiice !

Curious to see how the front 1550 shafts hold up.

setting up links and chassis front links will be shorter than im used to at ~31 inches for lower and ~26 upper. dont really want the front thrown out to much more

Attachments

• 20190101_191601.jpg
    20190101_191601.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
  • 20190101_191415.jpg
    20190101_191415.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 213

Got the chassis a roller now, I have to figure out how the hell im going to fit my accessories. the blower makes it tricky i guess.

was set up for 400 and pass drop but i got it to fit perfectly with little changes

next up is the carrier bearing mount and seat mounts.

Attachments

• 20190101_191608.jpg
    20190101_191608.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 231

I like the stock LS with LSA combo. I have thought this was a good way to go for a long time. You said stock rotating and cam. Anything else on the engine? Heads, gap rings, ect..?

The-Boss said:
I like the stock LS with LSA combo. I have thought this was a good way to go for a long time. You said stock rotating and cam. Anything else on the engine? Heads, gap rings, ect..?

I guess what i meant was stock rods piston. stg 2 blower cam (Im a ford guy, im used to cams being up top lol)
2.4 upper pulley, 13psi of boost.
it put down ~405 with the 43s..... stock cam... on e85 with super safe timing (however not safe for 93)

cam is going in and hoping to add 50 rwhp

The chassis looks great, I'm a big Angry Fab guy. Seriously thinking about another one. :****:

The-Boss said:

This is the setup that Wes Kean runs in Rat Rod buggy and that thing puts out more than a $20 hooker on muscle relaxers. Great setup and someday mine will be sporting the same thing. Keep us posted.

ADMINISTRATOR

Yea I wanted something cheap and reliable. I can swap the blower and cam to any other JY LS. So if i blow this one i can swap in another 5.3 in a day. thinking about grabbing another just to have. they go for about 3-400 around here (5.3) would love to find an all aluminum l33 5.3 with the flat tops...

Been trying to decide on a new accessory kit. need to fit the p/s and alternator. Im thinking going with ls simple or lsx innovations, I hate having to return stuff so im trying to make the best educated guess i can. Im waiting on some dimensions from the companies.

anthonymd13 said:
Yea I wanted something cheap and reliable. I can swap the blower and cam to any other JY LS. So if i blow this one i can swap in another 5.3 in a day. thinking about grabbing another just to have. they go for about 3-400 around here (5.3) would love to find an all aluminum l33 5.3 with the flat tops...

Been trying to decide on a new accessory kit. need to fit the p/s and alternator. Im thinking going with ls simple or lsx innovations, I hate having to return stuff so im trying to make the best educated guess i can. Im waiting on some dimensions from the companies.

Hit up Jake Burkey at BK for the accessory pulleys and such. I've already spoken with him about them and he has them. Now I need one of them blowers...

ADMINISTRATOR

anthonymd13 said:

Look at goatbuilt, they're stuff is compact and fits well.

Re: Re: Angry Fab buggy

Jduck said:
Look at goatbuilt, they're stuff is compact and fits well.
X2 really nice and budget friendly

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Sweet buggy! I'm really digging the 5.3/LSA combo. I wanted to run one myself on the LS1 but not sure I could get it to fit. Thought about trying to use the Olson Kustom Works LSA F-body pulley modification to run with the Bomber Fabrication alternator kit and standard PSC TC pump mount. Since I don't have the supercharger, that'd be a lot of money to spend to just "experiment".

1TONTJ said:
Sweet buggy! I'm really digging the 5.3/LSA combo. I wanted to run one myself on the LS1 but not sure I could get it to fit. Thought about trying to use the Olson Kustom Works LSA F-body pulley modification to run with the Bomber Fabrication alternator kit and standard PSC TC pump mount. Since I don't have the supercharger, that'd be a lot of money to spend to just "experiment".

I currently have the truck kit from okw. Nice stuff. Im going to play with some options this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Dirt700 said:
Keep us informed, I have thought about a lsa on my 6.0, eventually. Trying to figure out how to get it to work with my current setup.

https://www.ictbillet.com/ls-truck-alternator-power-steering-bracket-accessory-drive-fead-kit-lsx-lq4-lq9.html

Not saying it couldnt be done but all LSA brackets put the alt and ps on the driver side and uses some version of the factory tensioner that bolts to the water pump.

I am probably 3k in the whole swap including deka 80 lb injectors dual bosch 044 pumps (E85), zl1 lid, and brackets/fuel rails.

In my mind thats cheap considering the whipple kit on my mustang is 7k+, the baby superchargers on my jet skis are 2k for just the charger alone, and dont get me started on turbos for the powerstroke... yes I like it forced

I'll try to get some pics when I finally get a day off work. On my LSA I bought an 8 rib alternator pulley from summit, and mounted the factory alternator in place of the LSA belt tensioner. Plasma cut a slotted bracket and use a idler pulley that can be adjusted for tension.

Well i just had this long post of what i have been busy on... but there was a server error and it got deleted... so here's the not so detailed version.

Its on the trailer going to the tuner tonight.

When I get it back i need to make the front driveshaft, make skidplate, mount passenger seat and tidy up some of the wiring here and there. Roof skins would be nice.

Getting closer and closer to getting this thing on a trail.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
  • bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 167
  • bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 240
Very nice! I like the lines of the chassis on the side shot. What wheels are those? They look good.

Make sure you post up some more on that LSA. I'm interested in the setup.