• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Officially Unofficial 4th Annual Hardline Ride @Hawk Pride Feb 21-24th

Will the rain cause no one to show up? I am still in, aint scared of some mud.

From the web:
An extended period of unsettled weather is ahead for Alabama, with potential for flash flooding and longer term river flooding in the days ahead.
The combination of high precipitable water values (very moist air), a deep upper trough to the west, and a surface front oscillating through the region will bring waves of rain, heavy at times, over the next 5-7 days.
TODAY: Temperatures warm into the 66-70 degree range today as a warm front moves north of us; occasional showers are likely.
TOMORROW: Tomorrow will be the driest day of the week. Little, if any chance of rain, and a decent chance the sun will be out at times. The day will be cooler with a high between 55 and 60.
TUESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY: Tuesday will be cool and wet; we hold in the 50s all day with periods of rain. The front moves northward again, and the weather will be warmer Wednesday through Friday with periods of rain and a few thunderstorms. Rain will be heavy at times, and a strong thunderstorm can't be ruled out.
SATURDAY/SUNDAY: Showers and storms remain likely, and we could be looking at a severe weather setup as the trough to the west finally lifts out, but it is simply too early to know the true potential due to uncertainty. Something to keep an eye on.
Rain amounts across North/Central Alabama will be generally in the 4-8 inch range, with isolated amounts to 10 inches possible over the northern third of the state.
Flash flooding will be possible, along with longer term river flooding. If you live in a flood prone area, make appropriate plans now.
This event could bring flooding similar to what we experienced in late December 2015. And, as always, keep an eye for forecast changes in coming days. This will be an extended period of active weather.

I understand this has been planned for a long time , buuuuut would the next weekend be better suited ? Less rain more people could/ would possibly show up. Any thoughts ? Administrators?

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
Last i heard. The site isnt getting nothing from this ride. Not a cent.

Why would it? I thought it was just a somewhat organized ride to get everyone together.

Yea wouldnt think it was a money issue. More of a HL ride issue. I seems like it would need to be up to them to say the unofficial ride date is changed. Idk ?? Just kinda thinking out loud here.

Our group from fl is pretty flexible. But imo if a complete washout is expected then another weekend seems good.

I hate the mud, but I'm not sure when I will get to ride again. So unless I can get some people to go to hot springs, or somewhere else with less rain, I am still planning on going

cbrjeeper said:
Yea wouldnt think it was a money issue. More of a HL ride issue. I seems like it would need to be up to them to say the unofficial ride date is changed. Idk ?? Just kinda thinking out loud here.

Jduck said:
Why would it? I thought it was just a somewhat organized ride to get everyone together.

Gregg can answer your questions.

I guess we need a good count of:

who is going:
Ben Bone

who isn't going because of the pending weather:

who would rather try another weekend:

The wife and I are tentative at best right now for camping and riding. If the big rains hit, then we are out though.

We have an RV/camper spot booked for Friday and Saturday, so if we don't come down then someone is welcome to buy our spot for the weekend.

I'm working the weekend this is planned so I won't be there regardless of weather.

Weekend after is an open ride at Hale Mt., any of you that haven't been are missing out.

Re: Re: Officially Unofficial 4th Annual Hardline Ride @Hawk Pride Feb 21-24th

kmcminn said:
Yall remember that ride at hpo when eveyone got stuck in the campground?
I remember I broke a trans in half and broke my steering that day, that's why I'm not going if it rains. It took my 4x4 truck daisy chained to 3 buggys to get me out the access road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have cancelled my Cabin this weekend. Not feeling the 6 hour ride for a mud fest.

I'm out. I'm with md, i dont want to drive that far and spend that fuel money to sit at camp.

Broady you for sure going to hale next weekend?

It looks like our group of 4 rigs is puling the plug as well. A ton of traveling to sit at camp. We dont mind some rain and some mud. But dam its gonna be pretty rough