2019 King of the Hammers Schedule

70Scout

Friday 1/25- Gate Opens
Friday 2/1- Hammertown Opens
Saturday 2/2- UTV Qualifying
Sunday 2/3- UTV Race
Monday 2/4 - 4500/4600/4800 Qualifying & Monday Night Shootout
Tuesday 2/5 – 4400 Qualifying
Wednesday 2/6 - Every Man Challenge Race (EMC)
Thursday 2/7 - Toyo Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy
Friday 2/8 - Nitto King of The Hammers Race Powered by Optima Batteries (KOH)

2019 KOH Week Schedule

Friday February 1, 2019
o 8:00 AM Pre-Running Opens – Must be Registered
o 9:00 AM Tech Opens - All new cars need to be teched by close of tech on Monday

Saturday February 2, 2019
o Pre Running Full Course
o 10:00 AM Mandatory Can AM UTV Drivers Meeting
o 11:00 AM – 4:00PM Can AM UTV Qualifying on short course

Sunday February 3, 2019
o 8:00 AM – Can Am UTV Race Presented by HCR Starts
o 4:00 PM – Can Am UTV Race Presented by HCR Ends
o 6:00PM Event Kickoff/Party
o 7:00PM – 8:00 PM Amsoil After Dark Live Show

Monday February 4, 2019
o Pre Running Day
o 9AM Qualifying Driver Meeting for 4WP EMC
o 10 AM – 4PM – 4500/4800 Qualifying on short course
o 12:00 PM Vendor Show opens
o 4:30 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for 4400 Qualifying
o 5:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Shootout
o 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM Holley EFi Shootout Presented by KMC, King & ASC

Tuesday February 5, 2019
o Pre Running Day
o 8:00 AM Start of 4400 Qualifying on short course
o 12:00 - 6:00 PM 4WP EMC Tech and Contingency
o 12:00 - 8:00 PM Vendor Hours in Hammertown
o 3:45 PM Awards Ceremony for Shootout Participants before Power Hour
o 5:00 PM Close of Qualifying
o 5:30 PM Pit Crew Challenge Sponsored by Pro Eagle, Buggy Whips, Raceline, and Boxo Tools
o 7:00 PM Mandatory drivers meeting for all EMC racers
? 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM Amsoil After Dark Live Show

Wednesday February 6, 2019
o 8:00 AM Start of 4WP EMC Race
o 12:00 - 2:00 PM Toyo Desert Invitational Race Tech and Contingency
o 6:00 PM End of 4WP EMC Race
o 7:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for Toyo Desert Invitational
o 8:00 PM Volunteer Meeting
o 8:00 PM King Shocks Party

Thursday February 7, 2019
o 8:00 AM Prologue Toyo Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy
o 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Toyo Desert Invitational Presented by Monster Energy
o 12:00 - 7:00 PM KOH Tech and Contingency in Hammertown
o 6:00 PM Volunteer Dinner
o 7:00 PM Mandatory Drivers meeting for King of the Hammers Race
o 7:00 PM Rigid Poker Run
o 8:00 PM Volunteer Staffing meeting

Friday February 8, 2019
o 6:00 AM Driver Line Up Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by Optima Batteries Race
o 8:00 AM Start of the Nitto King of the Hammers Powered by Optima Batteries Race
o 10:00 PM Close of the King of the Hammers Race

Saturday February 9, 2019
o 9:30 AM Awards Ceremony UTV – KOH – EMC
o 10:30 AM Genright KOH The Experience

Weezul said:
Didn't they used to have a motorcycle race the week of KOH?

They did. The trophy trucks more then likely pushed them out of the event, the finishing rate for kotm was very low most years as well..like really low.

https://ultra4racing.com/live

https://livestream.com/ULTRA4

I normally use the livestream site, it never seemed as choppy as the u4 website. They started streaming it to their youtube channel as well, which is what I swapped to since it makes it really easy to play it through the xbox on the tv.

Weezul said:
Didn't they used to have a motorcycle race the week of KOH?

Correct on King of the Motos previously being on Saturday night/Sunday. Dave said in an interview, that once the T1 race (SCORE won't allow Ultra4 to use the name Trophy Trucks) was announced and booked for the next 4 years, he knew they'd have to adjust the schedule.

So Motos race is out due to the poor number of finishers, UTV race is moved to the weekend since it is made up of primarily weekend warriors, EMC races got moved to Wednesday since the course would be too chewed up by the T1 race, the T1 race will be 200+ miles total, and Friday is the 4400 race.

So for me, this means I'm off work Wednesday-Friday to watch the races from home.

"4 Wheel Parts KOH Pre-Show at AMADA"

Jimmy Lewis made the KOM courses with the intent of people struggling to finish, but both he and Dave Cole have said they want to continue to run a King of the Motos hard enduro whether it is attached to KOH week or not. It would be best if it was part of the World Enduro Super Series. I would almost bet that is the end goal. More likely to get more than a handful of guys capable of finishing the course if it was attached to WESS.

My computer wouldnt stream it last year but YouTube through the PS4 worked perfectly. Like 0 lag or buffering or anything.

Stretch said:
Jimmy Lewis made the KOM courses with the intent of people struggling to finish, but both he and Dave Cole have said they want to continue to run a King of the Motos hard enduro whether it is attached to KOH week or not. It would be best if it was part of the World Enduro Super Series. I would almost bet that is the end goal. More likely to get more than a handful of guys capable of finishing the course if it was attached to WESS.

I always enjoyed watching the Motos Race and hope it will continue somehow whether attached to KOH or the WESS. I already consider most racers to be at least partially crazy, but the Moto guys are 100% crazy considering some of the terrain they race on.

kmcminn said:
My Samsung tv wont stream it on certain sites. Hopefully I can find one that works easier this year than last.

Ultra4racing.com/live usually has it, as does the livestream.com website, and a few of the big name sponsors stream it on their respective websites.

Then there's a few different channels on YouTube and I think they may stream it on FaceSpace Live, but not 100% on that one.

The biggest benefit to me for watching on the Ultra4 website is you can also follow along with the Chat system. So you can find out as much info in Chat as on the broadcast for certain teams.

kmcminn said:
My Samsung tv wont stream it on certain sites. Hopefully I can find one that works easier this year than last.

If you or the kid has a playstation or xbox you should be able to use youtube. Like i said earlier it did really well last year.

Last year I just used the screen mirroring on my phone to the apple play on my TV and it worked great the whole time

All those times listed for every event are those pacific time or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched a good bit of yesterday's UTV race. Had more finishers than in prior years including Madram and James Cantrell coming in at 20th.

For coverage, they have a ton of new cameras, drones, and cable cams setup throughout the course.

Qualifying for the Every Man Challenge classes (4500, 4600, & 4800) start at 10am Pacific Time today, with the Bouncers vs Ultra4 vs Others Shootout tonight at 530 PT.

I've got it on through the Livestream site but it's spotty at best and no sound. :dunno:

Appears to be my tv acting up with it. Works fine on the laptop.

Latest posts